• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What, no Impact?

My brother tosses Skeeters in place of the Impact and vice versa whenever he pleases.

Skeeter has more of a putter shape to the disc. I think Discraft will make a new disc to replace the Impact that is more like a Wombat/Wombat 3. but hopefully more 3 like but not as board flat. I think Discraft was just waiting for the Wombat and 3 top to have patent expire on it so they could make a similar disc to the Impact.

Skeeter has more of a putter shape to the disc. I think Discraft will make a new disc to replace the Impact that is more like a Wombat/Wombat 3. but hopefully more 3 like but not as board flat. I think Discraft was just waiting for the Wombat and 3 top to have patent expire on it so they could make a similar disc to the Impact.

Patent? On a mold?

I do too, a Wombat and Wombat 3 are very similar discs to an Impact and worst case if the DGA disc Speed 6 midrange is not close then I will get the Wombat and Wombat 3. As long as that Innova disc does not go oop.

I'm working with the Wombat3 and may bag it. Surprisingly good disc.

iu

The ESP Avenger SS, Meteor, and Surge haven't had the updated stamp treatment either according to the wholesale form. I wonder if they are on the way out...

Not quite, the type of rim for the disc. The V technology is what they have a patent on. I wounder if that Patent expired yet?

V Technology? I thought the only patents on discs were for the beveled-edged disc and the Thumbtrac with the overmold from MVP in the works/finally approved.

What is the number for this patent? I want to look at this one for V Technology.

It would be sad and bad if the AvengerSS went OOP, as well.

Yes I agree, though they might have a Vulture SS waiting in the wings, one that is a tad bit more SS then the Avenger SS. Meteor goes out then Discraft is is willing to lose quite a number of customers and possibly a few pros. I can see Discraft taking out Surge as it was a slower seller like the Impact. Also noted that other brands have not updated a single disc say Innova with the Star Shark that it does not have flight numbers on the disc. So maybe Discraft is doing the same?

Last edited:
over 5 min limit above By same I mean clearing big inventory of the old stamp disc, these discs are more commonly used by disc golfers unlike the Impact, especially the Meteor. If they keep dropping discs I use from Discraft I am using the DGA equivalent discs for all my discs and never looking at Discraft again. If they Drop the XL then I am definitely switching to DGA equivalents. They should not since the XL is in one of the beginner packages. If I ever need another Impact then I might have to get the Wombat 3 if I can't find the disc online.

So, is the Sting the DC replacement for the Impact?

Not sure? Maybe I hope it is. The Express could almost do the same thing but with odd feel in the hand. If the Sting is a tad bit more overstable the disc could be more useful. I always felt when max powering the Impact it was just a tad understable more then what I would want. Not much.

Latest posts