• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter do you use?

What tbird is saying is good advice. I usually don't buy putters unless ive fondled them or know the exact run.

Soft Magnet fan here
I have a D magnet and like it's straight flight but hate the terrible grip. I also have a soft focus. How does the soft magnet compare to these discs?

Wizards come in all kinds of different feels and firmnesses. If you have a specific feel in mind, you can probably find one that suits you. Finding a replacement later on is not always as easy, but you can always get close.
Are there any which have grip similar to the R-Pro Dart?
I've seen a lot if discs which "have great grip" and they slip from my hand the first throw. That's why I'm using a yeti.

Well someone tell mark I want some ;)

See what I can do. He usually plays league doubles at Kensington on Sunday's. My buddy took a couple lessons from him recently as well. He has also played in the two PDGA sanctioned tournaments I have played recently. Really nice guy with some funny stories. :thmbup:

Unfortunately there are no stores close by. I have also found that my first impression of how a disc feels is unreliable as an indicator of how well the disc will work for me.

maybe try and get a DGCR putter party near you. You know, get some local players, go to a course, and just use putters. get enough people, you'll have a pretty good spread of favored putters. Good way to try before you buy..

As for me personally, I'm new, so I use an R-Pro Dart..

Two important things come to mind when choosing the right putter. First off I would say feel is one of the most important factors when choosing a putter. Also stability should play an important roll depending on what type of putt you throw,such as hyzer putt, etc.
I like to putt straight at the basket without playing any fade. For this type of putting I prefer a putter that is more neutral in stability. Some people prefer an overstable putter because they do depend on that fade at the end.
My putter of choose right now is the Zero Hard Pure and the reasons I like it is because it is a firm putter that does not have much give in the flight plate but at the same time has great grip to it. Also I prefer the straight flight that the Pure has.
I say find a few different putters in the stability range you prefer and try them out to see which one has that special feel you are looking for.

If you want something that has more putting range (guessing you mean flies straight longer), the Wizard isn't going to be better than your Yeti.

You're going to get a lot of responses in this thread of people's favorite putters. You could spend a lot of time (and money, lots of money) trying a bunch of discs. I would say get another Yeti (or whatever putter you have that you like the best) and practice. It sounds like you're fairly new to the game (not meaning any offense if I'm wrong) and lacking confidence to put some extra "oomph" into your longer putts. Experimenting and working on your muscle memory will do more for your game than buying new discs to try. Buying and trying new discs is a blast, don't get me wrong. It just isn't always going to help you get the disc into the basket. That was a rather expensive lesson for me, and one I'm still learning...

The putter party is a good idea. If you are close to me, I can bring a stack of different putters out for you (or anyone close to me who's interested) to throw.

Haha actually I've been playing for over three years, but I have little confidence in my putting right now.

I started with a D Magnet - I also just started using a Magic SSS but want to try the Swan2 as well. its like regular golf - never satisfied always wanting something else haha.

Dont know maybe I got lucky. when I first started last year a got a few disc from someone on here. one was an x out SSS Warlock. The thing just goes straight and finds chains. I was at a little putting league thing and tried a few other putters. a MVP, some firmer Wizards and Magics, none of them hot the basket better then the Warlock. I just like the softness and maybe I'm just familiar with it.

I'm trying to do the putting confidence thing myself right now and have been at it about a week. About 20 minutes every day with the basket in my backyard. I can't say I've gotten any better yet, but I feel like the muscle memory is starting to kick in. Maybe that will translate into more confidence given time. I'm sure that more confidence will equal more makes. Right now I have no confidence outside 15' so I usually end up hitting the basket or pole, coming up a bit short when I miss, just trying to baby it up there. I know I'll never shoot Eric McCabe lazer beams at the chains, but I'd like to get more confident to go for it.

Anyways, I picked up 3 classic Judges and they feel great for my pitch putt style. Low profile, flat and grippy with a big bead. I've only been practicing putting and only putting with them in the backyard for a week or so and 2 of the 3 have some nasty gouges. They all started getting roughed up and broken in from day one, which was good for grip, but I've been really surprised by how badly they've gotten big gouges in them. The plastic doesn't feel soft, and it's not classic soft, but they've dinged up as badly as DX. I've been very surprised as it's only been a week. That's not really helping my confidence much at all b/c I don't want to kill my putters from practicing.