• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should my new bag be?

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
Current bag is Gorilla Boy Simian. I've had it for many years. Still in
great shape. I'm going to be fixing it to a Ridge Roller cart.

I'm in the market for a new bag for rounds when I don't want/need a cart.
I just started playing more regularly again. I've been out of the loop on new bags and brands.

I usually have 14-16 discs, but I appreciate the extra space and double bottle holders on the Simian. I want something quality, comfortable and not crazy heavy.

Looking forward to y'allz suggestions and input.

Thank you!

Grip BX3 is probably the most popular choice....

Other than that I like this Watermelon Voyager from Axiom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-162728_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-162728_Chrome.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
I've heard a lot of good things about prodigy bags but haven't used one myself

The Grip and Upper Park are high quality choices. There may not be much else for 14-16 discs with 2 cup holders. Unless a lot of extra space is ok.

The Squatch is similar to Pound bags and seem to be the largest backpack bags around.

There's this new company on the market called Sasquatch, it has a super unique new design.

Definitely check them out!!! :|

Hehe nice one GE.

I got a Lat 64 Core Pro on Amazon in August. Plenty big (I shoved 24 putters into it plus a 32 Oz Nalgene 2 days ago) and feels good. Plus for $75 on Amazon….yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a good look at the Carolina Team bag at GGGT for an alternative to the standad backpack rig. I've been really impressed with mine. I tried a UPD Shift. It was excellent, but just a bit too small for my 16-18 preferred carry.

I also own a Rebel which now lives in my Zuca Backpack LG. So if the Shift works for you, do it. UPD makes very good, long-lasting bags.

While I love my Grip (BX2) and my wife likes hers (G2) if light weight is something you want then the Grip bags in general might not be for you.

Even empty the bags aren't really light and once you put your discs, hydration, and some necessities in there they get pretty heavy. I would guess that my bag weighs roughly 20-25 lbs loaded up.

I have the Prodigy BP1 V3 and it's a great bag. Somewhere there is a thread about the best $100 bag where I left a detailed review. Very nice stiff structure, sits very comfortably on your shoulders and back, two drink holders, lots and lots of storage for both discs and accessories, and it's exceedingly lightweight.

The one downside is that it holds too many discs, as I typically bag around 12 discs, way fewer than the max it will hold. But I solved that by getting a replacement divider insert for the Innova superhero pack on DGU for $10. That is unfortunately out of stock right now, so that is a downside.

I have the Prodigy BP1 V3 and it's a great bag. Somewhere there is a thread about the best $100 bag where I left a detailed review. Very nice stiff structure, sits very comfortably on your shoulders and back, two drink holders, lots and lots of storage for both discs and accessories, and it's exceedingly lightweight.

The one downside is that it holds too many discs, as I typically bag around 12 discs, way fewer than the max it will hold. But I solved that by getting a replacement divider insert for the Innova superhero pack on DGU for $10. That is unfortunately out of stock right now, so that is a downside.

This one? Best bag for 100
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=136557&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of great suggestions, so many options.
I ended up ordering a Grip BX3

Thank you all for your input.

I think you'll like it. You definitely won't be lacking in storage. If it seems a little heavy once you get it loaded and start using it just keep using it and you'll get used to it in short order.

Some people will pick up my bag and comment that it's heavy but I hardly notice any more.

Also, the guys with the loaded out AX Grips will pick up my bag and comment how light mine is.