• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell is a one finger grip?

MD0556_img_31.jpg

I'm talking about the range of motion on the left of the picture. It sounds like Thug was describing the range of motion on the right of the picture. Clearly the range on the left is greater than the range on the right. Do we disagree?

Yep...I thought you were describing the opposite(right pic).

2dt0t9k.jpg

o0wcgo.jpg

This is CWAlbino's grip and similar to mine (my middle finger stays completely on the wing). I'm pretty sure he could FH over 300'. :|

2dt0t9k.jpg

o0wcgo.jpg

This is CWAlbino's grip and similar to mine (my middle finger stays completely on the wing). I'm pretty sure he could FH over 300'. :|

Look at the length of that index finger. Is that what you 1 finger guys have in common? A long index finger?

I always use a one finger grip. My son uses 3 fingers which is pretty odd to me. I like the 1 finger grip for control. I have tried a 2 finger grip and it seems to go straight to the ground.

Recently picked up a vroc to try and I only use discs I can BH and FH. Well I couldn't get a clean release with my standard palm up 2 finger FH grip with the vroc. So I tried a 1 finger palm forward FH grip and had much better results. So I may try a 1 finger FH grip more and see how I like it with other discs.

My wife uses a 1 finger BH grip that looks similar to what AIM posted. She throws her Valkyrie about 250' when she is playing fairly regularly, otherwise a little shorter. She's got decent form, and I always try to get her to use a 3 finger power grip so she can hold on to the disc longer and get more distance, but she doesn't like the feel and the few times she's tried she turned the disc over, probably wrist roll. Anyway, if she had a stronger grip, I imagine she could get over 300' pretty easily with her smooth form.

Latest posts