• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in your bag - 2008 edition

Updated bag after some trial and error. Down to 6 molds, and I am throwing the Cyclones more than anything. I guess I should be since there are 5 in the bag. Learning to use them for many lines has really helped my game.

Overstable Drivers
174g Z Flick
174g Tsunami
174g Tsunami

Distance Drivers
174g Z Wildcat
169g Z Wildcat
168g Z Wildcat

Control/Fairway
174g X Cyclone
176g Tourny Cyclone - Newish
172g Tourny Cyclene - Slightly Beat
173g Tourny Cyclone - Trashed
170s Tourny Cyclone - More Trashed

Mids
178g Flx Buzzz
171g Flx Buzzz

Putters
2 Beavers

Max Z Pred- Overstable/thumber/tomahawks

174 Star Wraith- Distance 400+

Max CE Teebird (350-415)-
Max Champ Teebird- Same just a little less stable

172 CE TL (325-375)- Finesse shots, annies, hyzerflips, tunnel shots

2 180 KC Pro Rocs (275-350)- One beat for nice annies, one new for straight
176 Q Sentinel- Overstable and a little longer than roc
180 Z Buzzz- Basically same use as Sentinel just a little less stable

3 175 Medium Wizards (<300)- New for overstable
Slightly beat for straight
Super beat for nice natural annies

Black Chaulky Proto- Putting (def need more of these)

Pretty happy with the setup, have tested ALOT of discs and seem to keep going back to these. I absolutely love the TL's in the woods. I think I have every shot covered, you guys see any leaks/overlaps?

-Todd

I play with a small starter bag and only four discs.

Driver: Elite-Z XS
Mid: Goblin DX
Putter: Wizard S
Rollers and special shots: Cheetah DX

I'm thinking of trying a Skeeter sometime soon as the only real 'gap' I often find is shots where I can't reliably get the Goblin that far but want something shorter than the XS. I love the Goblin and I've heard that the Skeeter is more or less a floatier, faster version of it.

Champ Wraith
Z Avenger
Z Predator
Z XL

KC Pro Roc
Z Buzzz

DX Aviar

Hows that look?

I remembered this weekend how much I love the sabre.

1 E Spirit
2 ESP Flashes
1 E Sabre
1 Flippy S Sabre
3 dx Rocs
3 Wizards

I throw a mixture of bad ass side arm and elbow sparing backhand, all of it right handed. The really stable stuff in my bag is the side arm stuff(spirits, elx's, destroyer), and the lighter not quite as stable stuff is backhanded(the light wraiths, sabres). Not that I don't throw everything every-which-way. If I have to throw a shot requiring a hard, really low ceiling left turn I'll backhand a spirit or destroyer and skip it like it was a useless meeting I really, really didn't want to sit through.

182 E-ELX times two! They've both got aces on them and I'm still throwing them...thats right.

176 E-Spirit...I had to show this disc what was up at first but now it knows the deal. I bet it weighs in closer to 174 now.

175 E-Spirit, The up and coming, future go to spirit. Its so new and retardly overstable. It ends up so far right Dave should rename it the Pat Robertson.

169 Star Destroyer. I use it for stupid long holes where I have room to flex it. I'm talking about you Sioux Passage and Creve Coeur.

170 Pro Wraith. Backhand distacnce driver.

169 Pro Wraith. Its a little beat too, I use this one If I feel the need to hyzer flip
something.

171 green urethane sabre. Straight. Really straight. Like driving with a wizard but it'll go 300 easy.

170 E-Sabre. Flexy plastic, this one holds anhyzer lines like nobody's buisness.

175 E-Wizard. If the hole is under 210 and I have a straight shot I'm gonna put this one within a few feet.

175 S-Wizards. Plural. I always carry two in case my putting goes to crap mid round. I grab the other one and tell myself its gonna work better than the one I just missed multiple birdie putts with.

I used to carry old mold Beasts too but the Destroyer pretty much does what the Beasts used to.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome. -Karl

jamsisjams said:
I've heard that as well, Crossed Reality, although I haven't thrown the Goblin as much as I have thrown the Skeeter.

Do you find you like the Skeeter as an overall disc? As you can see I basically make all of my discs multipurpose.

Crossed Reality said:
jamsisjams said:
I've heard that as well, Crossed Reality, although I haven't thrown the Goblin as much as I have thrown the Skeeter.

Do you find you like the Skeeter as an overall disc? As you can see I basically make all of my discs multipurpose.

The Skeeter is great provided you don't crank it hard or throw it into a headwind.

I recently got a Revo mini bag to carry for casual rounds, as I found myself not throwing everything in the dual pack, and just packing too much other stuff in it...

ESP Predator 174 meat hook, big winds, skips, flick rollers, spike hyzers
X Predator x 2 173 one seasoned, one freshy. workhorse driver. straight with fade
Z Surge 172 long distance carrier
Z XL 172 tight woods, low straight control shots, left finishing flicks
X Wasp 177 overstable midrange
D Wasp 177 seasoned, super straight, hyzer flip into a frozen rope
D Buzzz 173 thrashed, nothing but anny. short rollers
Radius 172 super straight approaches, jump putts, most putts outside 45'
S Wizard 172 medium, seasoned but still stiff. driving/hyzer putting
Glow Wizard 173 main circle putter. stiff and sticky

when I do carry the big bag, I add the following:
Z Flick 174 utility shots, pitching wedge. big skips, tight hyzers, grenades
Z Predator 172 well seasoned. Between X and ESP in stability
ESP Surge 173 slightly more stable than Z, won't flip as much
FLX Drone 175 still playing with it. I use it like a short range Predator
D Wasp 177 x2 varied stages of wear, more/less degrees of hyzer finish
D XL 173 thrashed, roller, sky annies
S Wizard 170 soft and thrashed. hyzer flip, anny, throw ins. 4 leaf clover...

TLapham said:
I think I have every shot covered, you guys see any leaks/overlaps?

-Todd
You might be able to cut down the number of molds you use as midranges. Just something to think about.

Apathy said:
Hows that look?
Excellent. Keep an eye on that KC Roc. It might start taking the place of your Buzzz as it gets beat up.

Crossed Reality said:
I'm thinking of trying a Skeeter sometime soon as the only real 'gap' I often find is shots where I can't reliably get the Goblin that far but want something shorter than the XS.
The DX Cheetah should cover that spot unless it's too beat up. If it is just buy another one. It will fade more reliably and you'll be able to put more on it than you would a flippy midrange.

It just keeps growing...and GROWING!!!

2x 175 Star Orcs - one new, one broken in
175 CE Teebird - "TB" mold (dead straight distance)
175 Fly-Dye Teebird - slightly overstable
175 Champ Firebird - "FB" mold, ZAM stamp extreme go!
172 Sirius Orion LS - very beaten, big turnovers, some rollers
175 First Run Champ Sidewinder - roller-a-go-go
175 Champ Eagle-x - Thumbers, Tommies

3x 175 DX Flat-top Rocs - one new, one moderately used, one seasoned
175 Champ Glow Roc - overstable Roc
175 Champ Whippet-x - forehands, spikes, skips

2x DX XDs - one new, one well used (soft approach discs)
175 DX Rhyno - the occasional windy approach
175 Star Aviar P&A - very seasoned, understable approach, short annys
175 12x KC Pro Aviar - nice and stable approach
175 Soft, Black 12x KC Aviar - chain-seeker

I've got too many discs in there right now. The new XD and Rhyno are recent additions that I'm just trying out. I'll probably end up taking both of those out.

I'll also probably remove the Champ Roc...I just don't ever find myself using it anymore. It's too close to my newest Ching Roc.

I may also remove the Sidewinder...the Orion LS is almost as understable, and I honestly use it for rollers more often than the Sidewinder. The only time I'll use the SW is if I'm throwing a roller into a strong tailwind, but I could make the SOLS work too.

And finally...I'm still searching for that fast overstable headwind driver. My newest Star Orc will hold up surprisingly well, but I want something I can throw flat into a stiff wind without having to worry about it, and still be able to get 350'. I'm going t try a Predator, and I might buckle and try a Teerex or Max or some other wide-winged disc.

I liked the Skeeter but already had a stock of other midranges so I took it out of the bag. I found that if I focused on being smooth rather than powerful that I could throw it on any line, although my Skeeter is Star plastic, 175g and not beat up that much. However, I do have to question its reliability in the wind. I don't have much experience with it in these conditions, so you might have to work on your touch shot with your drivers and/or get a more stable mold.

However, if the Goblin is a do-all disc for you, then the Skeeter should work out.

Crossed Reality said:
jamsisjams said:

My friend has a pretty heavy Star Skeeter, and its fairly tippy, can't really put a lot on it.

In the Carolina Camo.

Champ Sidewinder (Beat to hell)
2X Star Leopard (1 seasoned 1 new)
2X Champ Teebird (1 seasoned 1 new)
2X Pro Wraith (1 seasoned 1 new)
2X Champ Firebird (1 seasoned 1 new)
1 DX Destroyer 1 DX Wraith (For BOMBS)

4 Bottom stamp Rocs (in all stages)

4 Wizards (2 seasoned softs, 1 new med, 1 beat ss)

Tryed a lot of discs out this winter but trimmed it down to this bag and really liking it. Took out the TL's, Star Destroyers, and Q-sentinal. Any thoughts?

This is now my bag:

Z predator 168
D XL 173
Star Leopard 168
DX leopard 170

DX roc 168
DX roc 169
DX roc 170
KC roc 171

DX aviar 169
DX aviar 170
KC aviar 170

I also have a DX Beast 172 and a DX Shark 167 that i do not use and often let others in my DG party use it.

rusch_bag said:
rusch_bag said:
Here is what I have settled on. Lot's of different companies and plastic types, not very many molds, and it makes me happy. Blake picked out some good discs for me so I am rotating a bunch of rocs.

3 - 170 Med Wizards - different stabilities, covers a lot
1 - 175 Med Wizard - Drives, Super windy day putts

3-4 174ish DX Rocs - different stabilities
1 - 177 KC Pro Roc - overstable midrange

2 -171 Star Tls - One new one beat, main drivers/control drivers,

1 - 170 Z pred - obvious

2+ - DX Valk - one beat, one or more newer, rollers, annys, big d, etc

169 & 174 - SOLF - 169 is a touch longer and straighter, long hyzers, moderate headwind

Opinions?

I noticed while I have been playing that I have a gap when there is some wind. If I throw a Star/Champ Teebird in, would that be overlap with anything else in there?

Feel like a loser double quoting myself but oh well. After messing around with some ESP Flashes for awhile, my bag ended up the same as it is above except with a champ teebird in there as well like I said. When I got a good release on the flash it flew good but the size of the rim and the size of my hand did not get along and I was not getting a good consistent release at all from it. It was actually hurting my hand to throw it. I also threw my beat star tl into a river, I left a hand picked by blake dx valk on the course, and my main/beat solf somehow got a half inch gash into it so those all got replaced by a different disc of the same mold. Also, somehow during the last week I lost about 20 feet of distance and have started turning everything over, (OAT) so I haven't thrown anything faster than a teebird/TL to try to help fix it instead of mask the problem.

My 2008 bag:

Dx/Pro/Champion Wraiths - newish to rollers
Champion Firebird - Seasoned and new
dx/Champion/Star Teebirds - 90% my drives
Opto vision - Nice roller disc and crazy turnovers
dx Viper - for windy and rainy days
dx Roc - mid-range
dx aviar - approach
Omega AP - putting inside the circle
real beat Omega SS - jump putt