• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's on your discs to demo list?

ZAMson said:
um.. a fresh Q-Sentinel 8)

and I'm auditioning a Star or Champ Stingray to add to the Sentinel/QMS combo.

looking forward to transitioning my bag to all custom dyed.. without ruining my babies. fingers crossed in solvent gloves.

The Star Stingray RULES and isa great compliment to the QMS/QS combo.

Currently in Demo -

Star Monster
SJLS (was in teh demo, but now it's in teh bag)
MOLF
Q-Mega (If I can find one for trade, since I'm low on cash.)

Not much I really feel like trying lately. I'm pretty happy with all my Millennium discs.

More of my demo this "off-season" is going to be form, and grip.

My Christmas wish is that Millennium would make a good headwind disc :lol:

uNicedmeMan said:
my cfr glow tl's and tbizzles when they get here from sunking.

promptly after i remove that horrid disc golf cruise stamp

i've always been curious about the StarEagleX but have sworn to myself to not change my bag again. for a long time.

Same with me with the cfr glow tl and I got a cfr glow orc to that I want to try. That stamp is bad though. Ha.

Pro Destroyers- tossed a few times today

Shockwaves- Broken in KC roc that won't break in winter

Star Eagle- Tossed a buddy's today and really liked it.

Sonic- For fun

Star FL- Loved the CEs

150 Z Flick (overheads)

Star Teebird

DGA Shockwave (threw a buddies and I have never thrown a disc so straight so easily)

Star or Champ Stingray (similar but less flex out than my Champ Cobra I figure)

just picked up a sweet clear purple 150g champ talon.

Don't really keep a "list" of discs I want to demo. Pretty much, see disc, pay $, demo disc. Scratch list.

Trying to kick the habit entirely and keep my bag <20 discs. Last year I shot for <30, and this year I'm shooting for <20.

Stuff I would like to throw:

Glo/Stiff Wizard
QMS
QMF
Z Comet
Pro Line Gremlin
E Element
E Element X

Anyone got any?

Jordan

Runnin Valkyrie said:
Any thoughts on this list are also welcome. Such as - glide on flx buzz, flight of a seasoned esp surge, grip and control on the puttr and rattler.

I have small hands and if it weren't for my injuries hurting trying to grip high discs I'd be throwing my Whitler. Love the Rattler too but the Whitler is a bit better in all other things except they both are really different from normal discs. I can grip the Whitler slightly better because the plastic is tackier. That makes a big difference in cold and wet weather for dependability and your state of mind.

I take the Whitler over the Rattler every time. That's why I haven't thrown my Rattlers in a while before I temporarily dropped tall discs out of my bag. As a short approach disc the Whitler is a killer. With Rattler and Whitler control is the name of the game. You need finesse. And they reward it nicely. There's nothing like them. But I haven't tried the Sonic yet. Somehow I don't see DX as having as good tackiness as the Whitler. Only the gummy QMS competes with the Whitler in tackiness out of the discs that I've tried.

Somehow I think I want to get my (small)hands on some Double Ds :shock: :D

Helios is another interesting things to see and so is the Magic but those are on the wait list. Unless they send me protos. Dream off.

I'm working on getting a riptide...I guess if anything I'll be demoing that for a bit, but other than that nothing I don't already throw. Anyone got thoughts on these? Not a lot in the review section on 'em...

Q-Sentinel
MOLS
SJLS
Sirius Aurora MS
Tachyon LS - Hasn't been produced in quite a while from what I understand. There's a bunch on eBay right now, and they have me very intrigued.

I eventually want to collect at least one of every Millennium disc.

Bradley Walker said:
twmccoy said:
RustyP said:
ESP Surge - instead of Star / Pro Orcs
ESP Pulse - just for the hell of it...they feel nice in the hand
Gummy QMS - I feel that my midrange game is the only "solid" part of my game and I don't necessarilly need any new discs...but it just feels so nice in my hand, I can't pass it up :D
Champ TL - instead of Champ TB...just curious to see the difference

As for the pro orc, get rid of it. Way too flippy and unreliable.

Rusty has no torque. He can throw unstable plastic and it does not turn over.

I can throw with torque, I just typically don't put much on it. For me the Pro Orc is just an Orc with choices: hyzer+torque = flip-flat, or flat+no torque = straight with strong fade.

Pro Orc is my jam...I'm just curious if there's a Dcraft discs that's the same.

looking for something a little longer than my star leopard for the under stable driver slot. Probably try a star road runner or SOLS. Not sure why, but I'm still really looking forward to the Helios when/if it ever comes out.

Jerry R said:
looking for something a little longer than my star leopard for the under stable driver slot. Probably try a star road runner or SOLS. Not sure why, but I'm still really looking forward to the Helios when/if it ever comes out.

XL.

Jerry R said:
Not sure why, but I'm still really looking forward to the Helios when/if it ever comes out.

me too
why?
modern wide diameter driver sounds very appealing to me.
and
snap is pretty cool

still trying to get my hands on a whitler

And the helios is also a larger diameter. I think the same as a spirit or slightly larger. That's so cool. Can't wait till spring when it hits!

Jerry R said:
dgdave said:
Can't wait till spring when it hits!

Do you have inside info on this, or just making an assumption based on the best time to release the disc?

One of the snap guys posted it on the PDGA board. They were thinking the end of this year, but the Destroyers hit and took over Max D drivers so they decided to hold off untill early next year or the first of spring. They said this would also ensure there wouldn't be any kinks in the disc.

Latest posts