• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Whats the story on FLX?

not much worse than ESP, infact it stands up to scuffs better but it dings abit easier. Z is far more durable than both ESP and FLX.

My 2 flx discs are slightly more stable than Z or ESP counterparts and they don't seem to loose stability any faster.

I have an ESP FLX predator that I love. As stated its not as durable as Z, but mine seems to drop when it hits objects, instead of kicking out, and flying in a random direction. My only complaint about ESP FLX plastic, is it isn't worth a damn to dye, as the ink fades FAST!

It's a crapshoot really I have a FLX Drone that does not flex one bit and I have seen FLX Avenger that you can fold 4 times. Beating in wise I think that they are the same. The only difference which is stated above is that how they hit trees and where they end up.

It's a crapshoot really I have a FLX Drone that does not flex one bit and I have seen FLX Avenger that you can fold 4 times. Beating in wise I think that they are the same. The only difference which is stated above is that how they hit trees and where they end up.

I have a drone that is the same way, it may be because of its beefy rim

I have about 5 discs that are ESP FLX plastic, and I love them. They have excellent grip, are nice and flexible, but are very durable.

I like my putters in ESP FLX because of the grip, and they seem to "stick" to the chains better than other plastics.

For the drivers, I just like them because of the excellent grip.

In my experience, the FLX doesn't beat in super quickly. I have an ESP FLX Predator that is still super beefy after playing with it for 2 years. I also love the ESP FLX plastic for my putters. The nice flexy plastic also feels nice and soft in the hand ;)

0515120820.jpg

When I first started playing dg, I bought and flx pred, surge, buzzz, and challenger. I was throwing all FH for the first year and really loved the discs. Then the summer heat and humidity hit and it was hard controling them on FH flicks. Several times when I would throw them they would ripple like throwing a fresh pancake. Then I started playing with the Z for over a year; Incorporated a backhand into my game, and now Im back to an all esp flx bag. I still have my Z's for when it really gets hot, but I just like the FLX. The courses around here are highly wooded and technical coruses. The FLX will eat up impacts and have a touch more stability than the Z's (in most cases) which can allow them to be more controlable. I have noticed that the FLX seems to be slower than Z and a touch shorter, however the increased control and accuracy can make up for 10-20ft shortness of distance.

So far on the discs I have aquired, I have had a range of stiffness...most in my bag are just a touch off ESP stiffness....except for my prized FLX Avenger which is pretty flexiable....always ask if your making a trade for flx about the stiffness....super soft FLX and OAT = BAD

I love my FLX Drone and Buzzz. I've seen some FLX Buzzz's that are way too floppy for my taste. The one I've got feels just like my Drone...which is just a shade floppier than regular ESP. The virtues of this plastic are an extra grippy feel and very soft landings. But, I wouldn't want every disc in my bag to be ESP FLX...generally just mids for me....and I carry a Z Buzzz as well...I get a bit more distance from it.

Only FLX disc I own is a Cryztal FLX Drone, and I love it. It took a while for it to supplant the Champ Gator in my bag, but it's a great disc. Nice grip. Soft on contact but beefy enough around the rim to get a nice skip or flair. And mine's pretty floppy; I can bend it in half but not roll it up. Shapes a great line with predictable fade. Love it.

Last edited:
The virtues of this plastic are an extra grippy feel and very soft landings. But, I wouldn't want every disc in my bag to be ESP FLX...generally just mids for me.

I agree. The mids and putters in flx are great. Just wish they made more mids and putters in FLX

I throw flx plastic all the time all throughout the year and love it. My go to is my flx pred. Put it on a spike hyzer and can aim directly at the basket. Rather than skipping it just hits. And plops. A must have it in your bag!

Latest posts