• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your longest Deuce?

What is the longest hole you've Deuced?

• Under 200

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • 200-275

Votes: 31 7.8%
  • 275-400

Votes: 119 29.9%
  • 400+

Votes: 220 55.3%

• Total voters
More just people who play on courses with huge downhill holes.

It's not that far fetched to believe that players who can throw 350' (which seems to be a large majority) would get lucky on a 700' hole and have their second shot be a fairway ace. The question posed was a "Longest Deuce you EVER hit" not a "longest hole you typically deuce". Aces happen, fairway aces happen, long ass deuces happen. I'm not surprised at all by the turn out in this thread.

I once got a circle 4 on the 1054' hole 5 at Winthrop Gold - that was pretty special :)

Mine was about a foot and a half long and clogged the heck out of... Oh wait NM:D. On the course it was on a 390ish hole after my first shot hit a tree about 150ft. up the fairway. The second one just happened to squeeze by EVERYTHING on a line I didn't intend to take and dropped in without chains. I looked for 5 minutes before I found it in the basket. Edit - Looks like Murdermike beat me to the scatological humor...

549 feet at El Dorado (Eldo). Threw a 410 foot drive (Pro Katana) on 12 (in the mid length position) then nailed the 139 foot putt with a Wizard. Not a soul around to see.

My most memorable 2 was definitely getting #7 on The Woodshed. And yes it does play slightly downhill but it absolutely made my whole day and helped ease the pain of the thrashing I took earlier that day on the Whippin Post.

600 feet at Russellville Disc Golf course hole 12. Hit my second shot from about 275', helped us win doubles that day.

It's not that far fetched to believe that players who can throw 350' (which seems to be a large majority) would get lucky on a 700' hole and have their second shot be a fairway ace. The question posed was a "Longest Deuce you EVER hit" not a "longest hole you typically deuce". Aces happen, fairway aces happen, long ass deuces happen. I'm not surprised at all by the turn out in this thread.

Agreed, it's not far fetched. But, it does seem like every few posts mentions a downhill aspect to the hole. Personally, mine was 406 feet and if anything it's slightly uphill. At least my putt was about 20' uphill and 70ish' out.

I'm not even discrediting any of them. A duece on a 700' downhill shot still takes a lot of effort and can be Very difficult. Especially trying to navigate the release angle and getting just enough touch.

I'm more interested in the legit two's. I.E. holes where luck wasn't clearly involved. (canning a 250' fairway ace from a skip shot that wasn't the intended line is sweet, but that's luck not skill). I'd rather see a 350' well placed drive, and a 100 foot upshot/jump putt that was a legit run at it. This is solely my opinion of what I value highest.

Agreed, it's not far fetched. But, it does seem like every few posts mentions a downhill aspect to the hole. Personally, mine was 406 feet and if anything it's slightly uphill. At least my putt was about 20' uphill and 70ish' out.

I'm not even discrediting any of them. A duece on a 700' downhill shot still takes a lot of effort and can be Very difficult. Especially trying to navigate the release angle and getting just enough touch.

I'm more interested in the legit two's. I.E. holes where luck wasn't clearly involved. (canning a 250' fairway ace from a skip shot that wasn't the intended line is sweet, but that's luck not skill). I'd rather see a 350' well placed drive, and a 100 foot upshot/jump putt that was a legit run at it. This is solely my opinion of what I value highest.

The deuces I mentioned were all with regular putts, not with fairway aces or throw-ins.

I saw a few people here mention deucing the 710' hole 18 at Hyland, which plays downhill. I give props to these people. I've played that course a few times, including one tournament, and I have yet to deuce that hole. I'm usually pin high or deep, but never close enough for a putt. It's tough to get your discs to land within putting range when you deal with that much elevation and distance.

That wasn't what this thread is about and the last time I checked, all two's count for the same score.

I was sitting down taking a rest at pier park when up walks Nikko Locastro and Will Schusterick. I was on hole 15 long pin which is 450' with TREES. Only have about twenty feet left to right play. Both of them threw about eight discs each and hit trees on every drive. I threw two drives and got both inside 40'. Best feeling birdies of my LIFE.

I was sitting down taking a rest at pier park when up walks Nikko Locastro and Will Schusterick. I was on hole 15 long pin which is 450' with TREES. Only have about twenty feet left to right play. Both of them threw about eight discs each and hit trees on every drive. I threw two drives and got both inside 40'. Best feeling birdies of my LIFE.

nice!

Hole 8 is only 708ft and downhill, but that's still a feat, for sure!:clap:

Interesting, either the signage was wrong or DGCR is wrong. I'll have to ask the course owners next time i'm there. I distinctly remember that hole as 801' in years past. It is down hill but it doesn't have as much downward pitch as numerous other downhill holes i've seen.

Assuming this new information to be correct, that makes my actual longest deuce hole 4 at Boom field, Saco ME. 723 ft on level ground. Again, fairway ace.

By that logic this is basically just another "How far can you drive?" thread.

Latest posts