• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Where's the Beef?

It was a Prodigy rep on reddit. The mold did break. Plans to replace it down the road.

F1 is also slow and beefy.

I live about 10 minutes from Prodigy headquarters, so it is pretty popular around here. I don't remember from who, but I heard the X1 was a bit of a mistake. As in it was never intended to be that overstable, and Prodigy will not be making it again. Now this is only third hand knowledge, so take it with a grain of salt. Also, the X1 is one of the highest selling discs around here (including sellers who pick there stock up at the headquarters and would have at least some knowledge, buying them up), which leads me to believe again that it is a dead mold.

Molds are fixable. Most every thing that can happen to a mold can be fixed. I cant really imagine a way they'd break a disc mold totally beyond repair. Maybe if they built a ridiculously super cheap mold to start with it might be causing more headaches then its worth to run though.

P.s...if any of the mold techs that work where i do, see this, it is NOT a challenge!!!

Some kind of powder metal mold perhaps?

More like a speed 6-not warp speed super OS disc. I included the Max b/c it has a super blunt rim, which is what I'm focused on. Take the Banshee for example:

5bf64b28-642d-4646-81a5-a82a3007d2daInnova%20Profile%20-%20Aviar%20Banshee%20Champion.jpg

Compared to most drivers, that is a really blunt, flat, wide nose. Most drivers, even OS ones like the Resistor, have some sort of curve to them or come to more of a point. They're more aerodynamic I guess and makes them more useful for throwing but it doesn't make them exceptionally useful for rollers or similar shots.

It's true that there are some great beefy putters and some mids out there like Zones, Justice, Scale, VP etc but if you want something more in the FW speed range your choices are getting sparse.

It's kind of ironic that I'm learning of these Millennium discs for OS utility discs since their slogan has long been "keep it simple." I'm gonna have to check some of these out (especially if I ever lose my flat Banshee).

BroD, have you ever tried one of these freak Trackers? To be honest, they're almost too overstable to be useful, but the nose seems kind of blunt to me, and it's definitely under speed 8. When Discraft says "3+" stability, they mean it... Anyway, I take it they never sold all that great, as Marshall Street is selling them for $9.99. Here are some links. I wish more folks would throw them just so I can hear funny beef stories.

Marshal Street CryZtal FLX Tracker

Infinite Discs CrZ FLX Tracker misprint

And therein lies the problem with specialty discs. Not for everyone and not necessarily mass marketable. I try to steer clear of them. I try to make what I can easily replace work for specialty shots.

I was using a xxx for quite a while, but I think that it hindered my game more than helped. There isn't anything that I can't do with a felon that I needed to carry a xxx for, it was just an additional choice which caused more problems than what it was worth, for the 1-2 times I threw it each week.

BroD, have you ever tried one of these freak Trackers? To be honest, they're almost too overstable to be useful, but the nose seems kind of blunt to me, and it's definitely under speed 8. When Discraft says "3+" stability, they mean it... Anyway, I take it they never sold all that great, as Marshall Street is selling them for $9.99. Here are some links. I wish more folks would throw them just so I can hear funny beef stories.

Marshal Street CryZtal FLX Tracker

Infinite Discs CrZ FLX Tracker misprint

I can't do FLX. The biggest thing I like about drivers like this is they are so good for flick rollers and flexible plastic is a no go for that. Thanks though. :thmbup:

Latest posts