• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which Destroyers?

Notrepidation

Par Member
Can someone remind me which of the Destroyers are the more sought after and more valuable please....was it the *D? The *DS? I don't remember! Insight on the various markings and the value/flight paths would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can probably find the answer in the DEstryoer thread. S/DS or are the most sought after though

*D is worth the most, first run and production runs of destroyers. Next is probably pre-avery SDS, followed by avery SDS and your current runs.

Also limited runs such as wiggins and anthon destroyers are collectible. Hope that helps.

I personally think *D fly the best. Nicest domes and not too overstable but not flippy by any means. Basically perfect.

SDS is too stable for my tastes. But also have nice domes.

I personally think *D fly the best. Nicest domes and not too overstable but not flippy by any means. Basically perfect.

SDS is too stable for my tastes. But also have nice domes.

That is one of the problems with destroyers, my marble SDS is board flat and pretty flippy. But my avery sds is a firebird basically. But I 100% agree with you the early chalky *D are by far the best destroyers for my style.

That is one of the problems with destroyers, my marble SDS is board flat and pretty flippy. But my avery sds is a firebird basically. But I 100% agree with you the early chalky *D are by far the best destroyers for my style.

Does your marble SDS have patent numbers?

Yea it is pre-avery

Yeah I have several marbled SDS with patent numbers that I got as F2's from the factory store a while back. I've only thrown one of them. It's a 166, but it is very overstable. Beautiful disc, but it will take a looong time to break in for sure.

Who knows, they could have accidentally labeled it SDS from the factory. That's for sure happened in the past haha thanks innova! It's a great disc though.

When I ordered mine from the factory store, I talked to them on the phone about them for a while. They told me on the phone that they had some SDS Destroyers that were flippy as well. I'm not sure what that meant; maybe they were just lower PLH or maybe the Destrulcans actually started at the end of the SDS era or maybe some newer stock got marked SDS, but that's what they told me.

Latest posts