• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which one do I choose, Stalker, River, or Teebird

Have you tried an XL? I'm just getting pretty comfortable with my Z XL, and it will definitely go dead straight. It will also hold an anny line for almost all of its flight, as well as hyzer.

A beat in 165g Star TeeBird equals birdies on the scorecard. I had both Z and ESP Stalkers. Straight, but I hated the bead, never sat right in my hand. I have a GL 178g River. Big mistake. Probably works better in the lower weights. When new flies similar to a TeeBird but with more lateral movement. I could never get it to fly right, but it also did not punish me too bad on those rounds I played exclusively with it. I keep it and depend on it in my Lat64 exclusively bag.

Have you tried an XL? I'm just getting pretty comfortable with my Z XL, and it will definitely go dead straight. It will also hold an anny line for almost all of its flight, as well as hyzer.

I have a Z-XL 170 that I love for Hyzer-Flips and long annys, but it won't hold a nice hyzer line and to get it to go straight takes too much accuracy. I will definately never get rid of it, but it's because this disc is such a good anny disc that I decided I need something a little more stable.

Stalker is the shiznit. Just got one a few months ago, and love it! I throw it before I throw my Teebird. Never tried a River though, and Latitude 64 is becoming one of my favorite non Innova manufactures. Sounds like you can't go wrong with any of the choices.

bcr123psu
that chart for the river looks pretty close to what I am getting when thrown flat...nice work!

I would go with the DX Teebird around 168g they rock..and i have a noodle arm. Even if you cant dye it man it will be worth it in the long run...as long as it flies who cares what it looks like

+1

I would rather look cool than get another 10 feet. It is nice to go to a park/ course where a lot of Rec players hang out and get instant respect because it seems like you have spent the time and the money to take this sport seriously. They are more likely to let you play through or listen to any tips you may want to give them.

On the other hand, there is something to be said in taking what appears to be a beginners disc and throwing it farther than Jim Thome can hit a White Sox's fastball. That obviously will earn you a lot of instant respect too.

Teebird: Longest of the 3 dead nuts straight with a reliable fade at the end

River: Little shorter than the Teebird but does not require as much effort to go far. Real easy to control but will have the most play right then left (RHBH)

Stalker: Shorter than either of them. Straight with little fade at below 300' of power, over 300' and will turn as much as the River. Not as easy to control as a River IMO and sensitive to nose angle. Not a fan as I see it as requiring as much effort as a Teebird but not as long.

Looking to pick up a new fairway driver, been eyeing all of these, but which one Z-Stalker, Opto River, Star Teebird? Advice from those who have thrown them would be greatly appreciated.

Champ TeeBird. Super Str8 where I'd turn a TL over to much. It's a shot that I've been missing in my bag for a long time. Goes long, but slow down nicely.

STRIKER!!!

Why not a 165 to 170 striker? I had a stalker..hated it because of the bead...But I carry many tee-chickens(KC PRO..and stars in different weights)...and the STRIKER compliments my chickens VERY well. It is a little more workable, longer, and more consistant(except headwind). Most impressve disc in my bag!:thmbup:

Stalker: Shorter than either of them. Straight with little fade at below 300' of power, over 300' and will turn as much as the River. Not as easy to control as a River IMO and sensitive to nose angle. Not a fan as I see it as requiring as much effort as a Teebird but not as long.
There are some variances in the Stalkers though. I have an ultra-flat one that is at least as stable as a champ teebird, or even more stable. I can throw it 350'+ with 0 turn. That said, I also have one that is more domed up from the shoulder but flattens toward the center, and it is noticeably more understable, and likes a bit of hyzer to flip up from. Slightly shorter than Teebird though, it is a slow fairway driver, but still longer than mids and crazy accurate on straight lines.

Also, I love how the Stalker feels in my hand. Easy to get a really tight grip. Some people hate the feel though, so it's not for everyone.

Why not a 165 to 170 striker? I had a stalker..hated it because of the bead...But I carry many tee-chickens(KC PRO..and stars in different weights)...and the STRIKER compliments my chickens VERY well. It is a little more workable, longer, and more consistant(except headwind). Most impressve disc in my bag!:thmbup:

Already got one, but does hold an anny long enough.

On slightly different piece I have a huge amount of snap and have gotten rid of almost all my OAT, so does one hold high speeds better on an anny line. I just got rid of my avenger ss b/c it would turn over too quickly.

Last edited:
+1

I would rather look cool than get another 10 feet. It is nice to go to a park/ course where a lot of Rec players hang out and get instant respect because it seems like you have spent the time and the money to take this sport seriously. They are more likely to let you play through or listen to any tips you may want to give them.

On the other hand, there is something to be said in taking what appears to be a beginners disc and throwing it farther than Jim Thome can hit a White Sox's fastball. That obviously will earn you a lot of instant respect too.

If you are trying to get people to listen to you because of your gear and place more value on THAT than using the equipment that best suites your needs you are, by definition, a poser.
:)

I'm not hating, but keep that in mind.

I love a good dye, too, but I won't let looks stand in the way of performance.