• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which one do I choose, Stalker, River, or Teebird

Also, before I was distracted. Tried the Stalker at Cedar Hill today and it managed the tunnel shots well. I kept it below 8ft and straight. It skipped minimally and stayed on the fairway.

I throw a Glow Stalker and Teeb's both. I use the stalker if i need to finish straight ahead, and the Teeb is i need to hook left or get around something.

Somebody said "Teebird-Roc = Stalker-Buzzz". I totally agree. Its funny though because I can throw both of the Discraft molds way more accurately than the Innova molds. I do have a bit of a noodle arm, but I went out do to field work yesterday and my stalker was hitting 310-330 straight and consistent. I cant really think of a disc that reminds me of the stalker in Innovas lineup. The rounded edge on the Stalker and Buzzz just seem so much more comfortable and forgiving to me.

Does Innova make anything with the rounded edge right like?

As much as I loved (and I really mean LOVED) my River. Putting my DX Teebirds back in the bag made me realise NOTHING beats a beat Teebird. I guess its true that absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Still carry the River for "finess" type shots.

I'm more a Stalker kind of person myself :)

brian_peppers1.jpg

I carry all three of these discs in my tournament bag, although in different plastics. I toss a 166 champ teebird, a 168 z stalker, and a 172 GL river. The teebird flies straight with a small fade. The river has a little more float to it, more controllable I feel. Stalker I like to use for shorter shots, I throw it just like a buzz, low to the ground and right at my target

They all have a place in my bag, but there is definitely some overlap

Since you already have a disc you like for anny's I'd say go with a Champion Teebird. It's a little more consistent when thrown flat and stays on hyzer lines better. If you wanted 1 disc that could hit all 3 lines then I'd say the Stalker though. The River is an understable disc and will flip up from hyzer when thrown hard.

Go with what has been the most proven over the years, tbird.

Latest posts