• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which one do I choose, Stalker, River, or Teebird

I have given my River a break this winter because... Well I am not totally sure why beyond that I do not want to lose it and I get better grip out of my Ascent.

I keep telling myself that once it warms up and the snow disappears, that when discs fly better in the warmer air, that when I have better footing and a cleaner form, I will put the River back into my bag. Sounds like a good enough excuse for me. I do have a perfectly beaten in Star TeeBird that is near money but it has an ace on it and I guess if I were to lose a disc, I would rather it be my blue River.

However, I recently fell in love with my Cryztal Buzzz and Challenger. The last Stalkers I had, both Z and ESP, I did not like the feel of. The bead just did not sit right in my grip. I might be willing to give the Cryztal Stalker a try again, once I get a little money. If not, I know for sure that I can count on my River.

Maybe its just because I'm used to it, but theres nothing I can do with a Stalker that I can't do more comfortably and reliably with my Buzzz.

River is the best choice for a great disc, and theres no reason not to have a TB as well. I think River stability can depend on weight a lot, so two separate Rivers could possibly take care of both of these.

I am trying the stalker out as my all-around fairway... I was throwing a TB but I want something with a little less fade. If it really is like a longer buzzz it will fit the bill quite nicely.

I am trying the stalker out as my all-around fairway... I was throwing a TB but I want something with a little less fade. If it really is like a longer buzzz it will fit the bill quite nicely.
I've been using the crap out of mine lately. Some people say it's a one-trick pony, but I can shape a lot of lines with it. Pair it with a Predator. You won't regret it.

No. I didn't realize it was an old thread. I don't get any kicks from internet "insults" (albeit that comment was made in jest).

But my point was solid: throw what works, not something to look cool. Sports equipment should be functional first....worry about how it looks second.

I have many cool lookin gdiscs that ride the bench. That said, if they are equal to another disc that doesn't look as good, I'll certainly throw the cool looking one.

you just resurrected it again. The OP has probably tried all 3 by now.

also looks should not matter so much. you throw the one that is beat in the way you like it, if somehow they are identical you throw the one you are less likely to lose in the current course conditions (no orange in fall, no green in spring) Pretty is not a reason to let a disc fly.

Umm so how far does that put you at...for a disc to add 200ft compared to a similar disc seems hard to believe

I ripped a sweet 600 foot drive at WR Jackson, but I usually tone it down to about 450feet or so for most courses. I hate overshooting the pin by more than my putting range.

you just resurrected it again. The OP has probably tried all 3 by now.

also looks should not matter so much. you throw the one that is beat in the way you like it, if somehow they are identical you throw the one you are less likely to lose in the current course conditions (no orange in fall, no green in spring) Pretty is not a reason to let a disc fly.

Is it not acceptable on this forum to A) use the search function and/or B) get information from a thread without being the original poster? I guess I need to review the rules again.

If it causes so many people to have so much stress I can certainly start a new thread every time I have a question instead of searching and commenting on an old thread.

The animosity is disheartening. I get plenty of stress and negative people doing my job. Disc golf is suppose to be fun, remember?
:\

Well, I know I love 2/3 of the discs mentioned. Hearing the drums of the Stalker throwers makes me want to try yet another one, but I've tried them in every plastic, and I just dont care for it.

Is it not acceptable on this forum to A) use the search function and/or B) get information from a thread without being the original poster? I guess I need to review the rules again.

If it causes so many people to have so much stress I can certainly start a new thread every time I have a question instead of searching and commenting on an old thread.

The animosity is disheartening. I get plenty of stress and negative people doing my job. Disc golf is suppose to be fun, remember?
:\

chill, I just thought it was funny that you resurrected an old thread by apologizing for resurrecting it in the first place. I find irony funny, you did not do anything wrong.

My point is you looked up a 19 day old thread, not to comment on the question I had orignially ask, but on whether or not dyed plastic flies better. In my opinion this is what I would consider trolling.

To answer all the questions, yes, I have tried all the discs, the River is now in my bag with a Tracker compliament. I do dye all my disc, b/c I love dying and throwing, therefore I find a disc I like and buy it in plastic that allows for a good dye. Yes, I don't buy DX plastic b/c it won't dye, but since I'm not throwing a teebird it doesn't really matter.

If you want everybody to be mellow, then quit stirring the pot.

It's getting too sensitive around here... no Frank, no Apoth... now stuff like this.

Say, why don't we all get over ourselves? It's not like we're fighting for food.

No Frank or Apoth, is has felt a tad less hostile around here lately... Great avatar Eegor, one of my all time faves.

No Frank or Apoth, is has felt a tad less hostile around here lately... Great avatar Eegor, one of my all time faves.

frank is not hostile. if he is ever coming across mean then he is just pawing around whomever is thinking he is mean.

And use the search, don't use the search, make new threads, whatever. Its dgcr, it flys. BroD just got a laugh out of the scenario .

698617.jpg

[QUOTEIf you want everybody to be mellow, then quit stirring the pot.[/QUOTE]

If you want everyone to be mellow quit stiring the pot and ***** it instead!

*Self censored to protect the innocent!

i was just coming in to vote for the GL River - if i hadn't already done so.. Some ppl have way to much time on their hands (or lack of interest in the real world) to start internet beef and/or defend the beef starters/beef eaters.

we are all entitled to our opinion - but your opinion is self serving and worthless if you choose to purposefully derail the thread from the OP.

you're talking three slightly different types of discs here. teebird is the fastest and will probably start off the most overstable, but that will lessen since it is star plastic. stalker is slower and more understable, river is less stable yet and also slower than the teebird. depends what kind of speed/stability/durability you're looking for. both opto and z plastic are probably comparable in terms of durability.