• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which plastic beats in to fly the furthest?

Amadeus

Banned
Star, Champ, or Z?

I have a first run Z Nuke that I've been beating in for 2 years. It is super domey and beat to absolute sh*t. It is absolute money when it comes to throwing for distance. It has no fade at all unless thrown on a 6 oclock hyzer. If I rip it at 7oclock it will stand up and fly forever and not fade out. I also have a Champ Boss that is nearly the same. I have had trouble getting my beat Star Plastic to replicate the same performance as beat to sh*t Champion and Z plastic. Thoughts?

Star, Champ, or Z?

I have a first run Z Nuke that I've been beating in for 2 years. It is super domey and beat to absolute sh*t. It is absolute money when it comes to throwing for distance. It has no fade at all unless thrown on a 6 oclock hyzer. If I rip it at 7oclock it will stand up and fly forever and not fade out. I also have a Champ Boss that is nearly the same. I have had trouble getting my beat Star Plastic to replicate the same performance as beat to sh*t Champion and Z plastic. Thoughts?

I am simply going to associate distance into glide, because the longer in the air, the longer it goes. As far as I know, DX by Innova has the best glide of Innova plastics. Then Pro, Star, then Champion. Now the Blizzard Champion is obviously going farther now, but that is due to less weight, not the plastic type.

My vote, DX.

I am simply going to associate distance into glide, because the longer in the air, the longer it goes. As far as I know, DX by Innova has the best glide of Innova plastics. Then Pro, Star, then Champion. Now the Blizzard Champion is obviously going farther now, but that is due to less weight, not the plastic type.

My vote, DX.

This. I haven't thrown DX as much as Pro, but the diff. between Pro and the "premium" plastics is night and day. My vote is DX/Pro.

I don't know... I haven't beat in that many discs. I think it depends on the mold, for starters. My oldest, best, well-used disc for distance is a 171g Champ Wraith that I can push out beyond 400'. It feels like it glides forever when I catch it just right. It's a little flippy, but not over-much, like the roller Champ Beast I have. I'll re-post in 6 months when I can naturally beat up something Star and something Z. :) Maybe I'll even beat up something Lat64 Gold Line as an additional comparison.

I just want to quickly add that beating a disc in does not in itself make a disc fly farther, but it effects the stability, making it less stable. If breaking them in made them fly farther, then INNOVA would beat them in before selling them.

What happens is you get a disc, use it so much that the stability looses a little edge, while your experience with the disc becomes muscle memory on getting every last ounce of power into delivering that disc. The experience = more power + the less stability causes a S curve, thus longer flights, which = longer distance.

But as far as which plastic itself has more glide, that I have already answered.

Of those my guess would be Star overall, but that's a generalization. It will depend more on the mold than the plastics you're asking about.

Pro glides more than DX. I'd guess star is less stable/more glidey/goes further than champ which is again, less stable/more glidey/goes further than Z. They seem to beat in in that order as well.

My vote, DX.

My vote is DX/Pro.

:clap: :clap:

Innova's dirty little secret.

But everyone keep buying all that pretty candy stuff, its paying for the bling. Dave D. is a baller 'cause you guys are convinced you're getting something that flies farther.
You know what they say, " If you cant play worth a ****, at least you can look good doin' it. " :D

:clap: :clap:

Innova's dirty little secret.

But everyone keep buying all that pretty candy stuff, its paying for the bling. Dave D. is a baller 'cause you guys are convinced you're getting something that flies farther.
You know what they say, " If you cant play worth a ****, at least you can look good doin' it. " :D

Ha! I think it has more to do with durability than thinking it flies farther or looks good. Different plastic is good for different reasons. Period.

But to stay on subject. Depends on the person throwing it.

Pro, because they break in to a point and then stop. So the don't get too flippy like DX.

I don't know that I agree with this. I threw a Pro Katana for a long time, and it got beaten in so far it never just went straight. I might go back and give it a go, but I put it away because I flipped the ever-loving crap out of it every time I threw it. I could almost release it vertically and it would flip into a turnover... for like, 2 seconds. Before it crashed and burned.

Well, that, and I was annoyed that one of these flips went OB at the Forest Hills Open and cost me a couple of places. So I said, "Suck it, Katana," and I placed him with other lonely discs in a Rubbermaid bin.

However, my DX Roc remains lovely in his well-weathered state. He's such a good boy. I think he needs a name.

I don't know that I agree with this. I threw a Pro Katana for a long time, and it got beaten in so far it never just went straight. I might go back and give it a go, but I put it away because I flipped the ever-loving crap out of it every time I threw it. I could almost release it vertically and it would flip into a turnover... for like, 2 seconds. Before it crashed and burned.

Have a Pro Katana 171, does the same thing, even with a tailwind. It is fairly new. Maybe 50 throws on it.

Yeah, I guess I meant to talk about the plastics I posted originally...

I would agree DX and Pro beat in and fly further ultimately...but they beat past the point of no return too often with me. My Pro Destroyers are pretty badass though...they seem to age fairly well. Pro Katanas can definitely suck it.

Latest posts