• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why Roc vs Buzzz?

It's ok to carry both (and they do fill different slots). I carry a large variety of mids for all kinds of uses. My midranges distance hovers around 300ft which cover 60-70% of my drives. I carry a understable mid (Axis or Prodigy M4), 3 KC Rocs (1 x very understable, 1 x slightly understable and 1 x slightly overstable all for anhyzer or flex shots), Roc3 (stable), Z Buzzz (fade at end) and a Drone (very overstable).

I'm bhadella, and I'm a midaholic

I carry a buzz and my father carries a roc! We throw each others discs sometimes so of course I have thrown it. Ive thrown it about 5 times and due to OAT or lack of good form, it wasn't perfect. My dad likes it and usually drives with it. More power to him.

a DX or Pro Roc will beat into what the buzzz does. The reason most roc throwers will throw like 3 or 4 rocs.

I agree that the Wasp and Roc are much closer in character than Roc and Buzzz. I actually consider the Roc3 and Wasp as the same disc (Wasp has a little more OS).

However, the Roc v. Buzzz encompasses many other aspects of disc golf (new vs. old, discraft vs. innova, bead vs. beadless, control vs. overstability) that makes for a juicier debate.

a DX or Pro Roc will beat into what the buzzz does. The reason most roc throwers will throw like 3 or 4 rocs.
This, plus you can buy DX Rocs for around 7 bucks. Plus the DX plastic is pretty nice. KC Rocs haven't done it for me lately.

Another point. Cycling DX plastic vs. premium plastic, 4 speed vs. 5 speed. To me that's what it's all about. I think they actually compliment each other well.

I carry a DX Roc and a Z Buzzz SS in my bag. I tend to reach for the Buzzz to make the majority of mid range/approach shots, and the Roc for mid range or fairway drive situations. I'm a fan of both and the universe hasn't exploded yet! :D

....For instance, I use a Buzzz, Comet, and Hornet for the range of shots Roc throwers would use multiple Rocs for.

Ditto.

And if you lose one, you can pick up a new one off the shelf and it will fly pretty much the same as the one lost.

If you lose that Roc you spent the last year breaking into a turnover disc....

It's been said before, but I'm bored so I'm repeating it.

I never had a Roc at the beginning, but someone told me to get a Buzzz. I did, and it was the first mid I could actually drive. I have a couple of Rocs now and they're good discs. They just don't fly the same as a Buzzz for me. The Buzzz and Roc are also the most copied discs by other manufacturers.

It's really all about the feel. Buzzzes feel better to me, and I can get more accurate flights out of them. Rocs just don't do it for me. If they do it for you, then great. I know plenty of people are willing to throw both. So am I. But I have a Pain for the Roc slot, and that's how it's staying.

I carry three buzzes. who said they don't wear well? I have an x buzzz that is an awesome hyzer flip and turnover mid. a170 z that is dead straight and a 175 cryztal that's overstablish. My hornet takes care of the more overstable duties. a buzzz can be manipulated to hold just about any line i think. when thrown anny brand new they will get stable true but after some use they usually will hold any line u put them on (premium plastic) the x and pro d ones will get flippy tho. just my experience from throwing buzzz for 2.5 years. I started with a roc for my mid too
buzzz just works better for me. to each his own.

Been playing for 3 years, started w rocs, then been throwing buzzzes for the last 2. I recently bought a Roc3 PM, that thing out flies my buzzzes in the field. On the course I've found myself reaching for it more often as a fairway driver. I'm back into Rocs now! But I carry both, along with hornets, drones, and meteors.

When I started playing, I carried a Roc that someone gave me - loved it for upshots, but the deep rim bothered me for driving with it. I got a buzzz ss in a players pack, and just loved the feel - after carrying both for a while, I was just reaching for the buzzz more, so now that's what I carry. Since I like a more shallow rim, I carry the ss as a more understable disc, a plain buzzz esp for stable, and a wasp for overstable... that's just my opinion, and based solely on the feel of the discs in my hand...

i keep trying to like rocs, but its not working
i carry a hornet, wasp, 2 buzzz (i have lots to rotate through),buzzz ss, and a glide
also just dug my fuse back out to play with

basically this thread needs to end.

try both then use either one you like best or both.

Latest posts