• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WIND!!!!! AHH!!!! AHHH!!!!

jartiv

Birdie Member
So I hate wind... two days in a row... wind has been destroying me.

A lot of my home course changes elevation and weaves in and out of tree lines which makes it especially annoying on windy days because the wind direction could be one way at the tee and another direction at the pin. WTF?!?!?!?!?! What do you guys do here? because sometimes I try to throw overstable discs when there is a headwind, but when it turns into a right to left cross wind at the pin, my disc just ends up going way left... when I throw an understable disc in the same situation, my disc turnsover and dies.

AHHH!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I HAVE A QUESTION, I AM JUST ANGRY!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hear you man...My drives were ugly and abysmal yesterday...just total unwashed bum ass.

Make sure you are keeping your nose down on those crosswinds or it will just toss the disc to the side.

keep 'em low and hard and it should help cut through the wind.

Make sure you are keeping your nose down on those crosswinds or it will just toss the disc to the side.

yea I can throw if its just a crosswind, but like I said, the wind at the tee is always different form the pin, its especially painful putting uphill...

My rollers jst aren't accurate enough and I am always afraid they'll die at like 150 ft.

Good thing to keep in mind for crosswinds...try to shape your shot so that the top of the disc is exposed to the wind for most of the flight. For example: Right to left wind, play an anhyzer; Left to right wind, play a hyzer. This prevents the wind from catching on the lip of the disc and really taking it off course.

It's been killer here in KS for the last two days. I played Lake Shawnee yesterday and got destroyed on the last 5 holes because putting became impossible outside of 10 feet.
Off the tee I throw overstable for headwinds and left to right winds and understable for tailwinds and right to left winds.

Rollers are more affected by wind than a regular throw since more surface area is in direct contact with the wind.

in a good way... if its a tail/headwind, than its cutting right through the wind. If its a left-right, than a RHBH roll will roll longer because the wind will keep the disc "turning." If its right-left, than a RHFH roll will do the same.

Keep the nose as level as possible. As soon as that nose is up at all, game over. A starfire, avenger, tsunami, teebird, tracker, or teerex would be good. Keep the nose down and let it rip!!!

This post makes me happy that my home course can go from no wind to 30 MPH during a round. I am prepared.

in a good way... if its a tail/headwind, than its cutting right through the wind. If its a left-right, than a RHBH roll will roll longer because the wind will keep the disc "turning." If its right-left, than a RHFH roll will do the same.

If it's a direct tailwind it'd probably be ok, but any type of crosswind (especially when combined with a headwind) will turn the disc in the direction of the wind. I've had rollers turn 90 degrees after they land and roll into a creek that is 200' off the fairway.

I like watching rollers bounce in a stiff cross wind, ish is crazy to see.

I just love it when the wind down on the ground is next to nothing so I decide to throw a big rainbow hyzer only to watch it catch a wind over the trees and skate horizontally away from the target like a scared rabbit. DOH!

I have had very good success with my X-Cal on windy days. It can be very frustrating though.