• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wind putter?

What kind of wind?

My theory is this (Speaking generally, not just towards you). Your go to putter handles wind just fine. If there's a headwind, throw it with extra nose down and / or hyzer. If there is a tailwind, throw it a little harder and nose up. L to R crosswind, hyzer putt. R to L crosswind, anhyzer putt. The latter two will need extra push because the wind will be making them drop, but they won't be lifted up and carried like if you tried to hyzer putt in a L to R crosswind. All throws assume RHBH throwing. I don't believe in carrying an extra putter mold for the wind.

This :hfive:

I use a beat up 167g DX Aviar P&A for every putt, no matter what.

I have a R to L crosswind / headwind anhyzer putt that pisses people off. Their putt goes 20' past and mine looks like I have high powered magnets in my disc :D

R-pro Pig fights any wind I've ever come across

The Rhyno is also really nice for the wind and the Champ one is really gummy which is a plus

For headwind or crosswinds, I use an old beat up dx gator. It's so old that I fear it breaking in half when I hit the front of the bakset hard enough. But once they are that beat in, you can throw them on any line, straight, anny, or hyzer.

I use the same putter regardless of wind conditions, a Wizard. I know plenty of people that use Magnets in the wind with great success. Regardless of what you use/choose, nothing will help you more than practice.

Pig all the way... its a cross between a rhyno and a gator so how the hell could it not be good in wind.

I use a wizard for all my putts now, but i've started thinking about adding something like the zone because my hornet is too long sometimes and sometimes I screw up a lot in headwinds with the wizard. I do need to practice putting a lot more though.

Throw upside down as several other people mentioned. It works if you need to fight the wind

if you're looking for the ultimate wind putter, the esp zone is your answer. if you're looking for something just a bit more overstable than the magnet, try a challenger, focus, wizard, even a banger. depends on what kind of rim feel you prefer and how overstable and wind resistant you need it to be.