• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] wizard question

It depends. Their runs tend to vary, so an SS you get today might be an S next week. Your best bet would be to handle one personally.

Find a place where you can get your hands on a bunch of different wizards and find one that feels right. The plastic name for gateway seems to have more to do with the surface feel than the floppiness, so you have lots of options with tackiness and firmness both varying between runs and colors.

My local place (An Ace Hardware actually) has a few S Wizards that complete stiff & I found that to be weird. My Soft X Focus is waaaaaaaaaaay softer.

Either soft or super soft. They beat in to be a little softer without losing much stability (my opinion). The best option is to either contact dave @ gateway and tell him specifically what you are looking for in feel or search high and low for a place that you can fondle them prior to purchase. If those options are not suitable go with super soft.

Latest posts