• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wizard vs. Zone

JHBlader86

Eagle Member
Thinking about picking up an ESP Zone this wknd. and I have thrown the D Zone as a midrange before, but when it comes to putting in headwinds what is the general consensus? Which disc performs better??

JHBlader86 said:
Thinking about picking up an ESP Zone this wknd. and I have thrown the D Zone as a midrange before, but when it comes to putting in headwinds what is the general consensus? Which disc performs better??

I played with a guy using one of these to putt last night and it had no glide. The thing dropped like a brick and faded pretty hard. I can't say I have ever seen headwinds hard enough to warrant using it as a putter really.

I've been messsing around with a d zone in the back yard putting. It indeed has no glide on it and drops fast when it runs out of steam, I actually like this about it. If you line drive putt the zone may work really well for you. It's also a lower profile than a wiz and lacks the big bead. I can't however condone putting with anything in esp,star,champ,z plastic.

It's hard to compare these 2 discs because they are very different... even though the zone is a technically a putt/approach disc, it seems like a better fit for approach as opposed to putting.

I once played with a guy that used a buzzz gt as his putter and I can see myself putting with that before I'd use a zone.

It's more like putting with an overstable xd.
But yes very different discs

I carry the D Zone and the D Challenger right now. I throw the Zone quite a lot, but I usually only putt with it for certain 30+ ft hyzer putts or if I start pulling right or getting yippy with the Challenger.

I could not putt with the D Zone at all when it was brand new, so personally I am not interested in a premium plastic Zone. What I would really like is a Soft D Zone.

i use a esp zone for my main putting duty's and a very well worn in proto d plasctic zone for jump putts. i really like the low profile on them.

Latest posts