• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WNC Intercollegiates

petecarp

Par Member
Just want to let everyone know that tomorrow(saturday) marks the beginning of the Western North Carolina Intercollegiate Disc Golf Season sponsored by the Western North Carolina Disc Golf Club! The University of North Carolina at Asheville is the 5 time reigning champion, we will be going for the coveted double threepeat this year. Other teams include Western Carolina University, Mars Hill College, Brevard College, Appalachian State and a few others. The season opens and closes at beautiful Richmond Hill DGC. Its always very fun and the cumulative point system as the season endures creates some nice races to the finish line. With 6 matches between now and April all schools will be trying to bring out the hoards (1 point for every golfer from your school, 2 points for women, and extra points for top finishers + merchandise) to take home the coveted mini basket trophy. Does anyone know of any other school around the country doing this? Ill keep everyone updated on the results.
UNCA future 6x WNCIC Champs!

Sounds awesome! I don't know of any in my area that are doing this but this sure would be great to spread across the country.

UNCA comes out strong at their home course with 6 people and taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Looks like the double-threepeat is underway!

I wish they'd had this when I was in college....

Are you kidding me? I would have never got the school work done then? Hell, I barely squeezed it in as it was. :p

I'm with you bro, that would have been a great sport to be involved in. The traveling to other schools for this would have rocked!

Are you kidding me? I would have never got the school work done then? Hell, I barely squeezed it in as it was. :p
Hmmm... didn't think of that. Very good point. I might still be in college now if they'd had Intercollegiate for me back then!

ERic

This Saturday is round 2 of the Western North Carolina Intercollegiate Disc Golf Challenge. At 2:00 PM on Saturday colleges from around the WNC area will compete at Mars Hill DGC at Mars Hill College. Currently UNC-Asheville holds a strong lead in the standings with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in last months event, but this is a chance for Mars Hill College to show everyone how its done at their home course.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

When I was in college at EMU there was a Club team but it would have been really cool to play against another college or something like that, how cool will it be when we will be able to start getting scholarships for disc golf to go to college