• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc golf course conditions you have played in?

It was Mookie's Cup in High Point, NC. '09 edition, I think. It was in the mid 20's all day long with freezing rain most of the day. On top of that it had recently been a little wet for February. So what it amounted to was super wet and slick conditions on the entire course except for where players walked a lot, which turned into giant, slippery mud holes. The sleet kept coming down all day so most players were soaked and discs were hard as rocks and footing was awful. The teepads were slushy so you could easily slip there too.

I was wearing a short sleeve polo over a long sleeve underarmour and when I finished the second round I had little icicles hanging off my polo sleeves. It was pretty horrible. Came in third though. :)

Well mid way through a round at Sweetwater last Saturday the course caught on fire. So yeah, that'd have to be up there for me... Hole #3 gave an entire new meaning to the term "fire hazard".

If you have played the last two years at Swingin DB's then you know what I am talking about. Its a private course near Pittsboro NC. I have never played in worse conditions than those two tourneys. The first year was a combination of snow/downpour with 33 degree weather. The next year the whole course was semiflooded when a downpour came and melted a snow that was 6 inches deep. That course exists in lowlands btw. It was supposed to be a two round tourney and it was cancelled because it took 5 hours to play that course.

Basket:

attachment.php

Fairway:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAGE_099.jpg
    IMAGE_099.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAGE_108.jpg
    IMAGE_108.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 86
I have played two tournaments, one in near blizzard conditions (heavy snow, cold, wind) and one in snowy conditions. I have also played one with over 2 to 3' of snow on the ground.

Will not do that again.

Once the epic snowfall had started to really melt at Borderland, it's been extremely marshy since (but improving now). Lots of standing water and mud everywhere, even on holes that are usually dry as a bone.