• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WTO 2020

Flick Maniac

* Ace Member *
Whos ready for this to start already?? Stoked to get new footage to digest. CCDG coverage, right? Was watching 2019 final round just to get me going. Any changes to the layout? Any other tidbits?

I used to be cool with off season being truly "off" for a few months. Thing is, in southern Finland its still not winter so whenever the weather is not yucky, I havent really switched the season off at all. Less play for sure but still.

Its also crazy to have 8(!) Finns participating. Rooting for Oskari Wikström and Tuomas Hyytiäinen as well as the guys you know already. (Seppo& Väinö). Also Niko Rättyä is a fun guy and Joona Heinänen throws a mile. The trio of tourneys has bigger and bigger pull every year it seems.

Be interesting to see if Paul actually plays. He hasn't looked very healthy so far in that boot in the Brodie vids... though I guess it could just be the awkwardness of trying to play in one.

Seems like I read or heard that he thought he (Paul) would be out of the boot and hopefully healthy for the WTO/GCC/Memorial west coast swing.

Based on the weather, I'm guessing those vids were a few weeks old when they were uploaded.

Last edited:
AM rounds started today. Had to skip this year due to the elbow, but will be getting updates from the homies to see how the changes this year played.

For those of you that follow this tourney but are not from the area, big changes have happened at the "World's First". City came into the arroyo and took out all non indigenous trees and planted hundreds of saplings. We were cut off from the "desert holes" as we call them, so the two 500 footers over the sage brush are gone. Our old "smoke hole" can't be played, as everything east of the road right below the pad is now off limits:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 355
Seems like I read or heard that he thought he (Paul) would be out of the boot and hopefully healthy for the WTO/GCC/Memorial west coast swing.

Based on the weather, I'm guessing those vids were a few weeks old when they were uploaded.

I was listening to "The Disc Golf Podcast" and they interviewed Brodie. He said those videos were a few weeks older because he was busy and didn't get around to uploading them.

"The 42nd Annual Wintertime Open Presented by Paul McBeth (Pro Weekend)"

I had no idea this was "Presented" by McBeth! what does that even mean...?

"The 42nd Annual Wintertime Open Presented by Paul McBeth (Pro Weekend)"

I had no idea this was "Presented" by McBeth! what does that even mean...?

In certain countries, it might mean you should keep checking scores throughout the round and make sure yours is higher than Paul's - for the sake of your health.

Guess he put some money into it, just like any other event presented by something something....

Anywhoo... Live score? Coverage? Whos got it? Whos on the feature card? Did they foot fault yet? What basket spit out whose putt?

Guess he put some money into it, just like any other event presented by something something....

Anywhoo... Live score? Coverage? Whos got it? Whos on the feature card? Did they foot fault yet? What basket spit out whose putt?

haha fair, I can't remember watching another tourney presented by a player taking part in it though!

I predict GG for the win

Isnt CCDG filming this though? Enough Brodie for me for now.

Does the fact that he is the one who wrote the "Is silence really golden" piece on the PDGA site, give it more credibility?