• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WTO 2020

Makes me wonder if he was just screwing around in that brodie vid, he made some putts but his drives were a bit all over the place. Or maybe Paul being the player that he his, he really is still not 100% and just is that damn good anyway, lol.

Just woke up and after seeing Paul Play a round with Brodie and play way worse than others did in their practice rounds i expected Paul to be way down the list. . .

Makes me wonder if he was just screwing around in that brodie vid, he made some putts but his drives were a bit all over the place. Or maybe Paul being the player that he his, he really is still not 100% and just is that damn good anyway, lol.

it looked like he was half assing it just warming up you know

3 groups on the PDGA scoring today. Cale making a run...

Surprised there aren't more groups using it. The Official Scoring version adds up your score and submits it to the TD, so you don't have to bother with any math of your own. Since I've started using it I get >80% of all players using it.

On that WTO Brodie vid, Paul's not going through a warm-up routine on his throws or putts.
Stepping up and winging it and having fun for the fans.
He was saving his energy/concentration for the tourney.

The holes required because of the work going on in the park are boring, but I get that the TD/tournament had to work with the land they had.

My complaining looks like bad form bc we all know the whole point of the Wintertime Open is to announce that the main tour seasons are not far off. Simply, I found the round coverage boring at no fault of the players or CCDG.

Paul really went on a heater on the back nine. 7 down on the back nine. To the surprise of nobody though lol.

Are they doing live scoring for the first card 3rd round? I only see the second card being posted live.

Are they doing live scoring for the first card 3rd round? I only see the second card being posted live.

PDGA Live Scoring is up to the players to do when it's set to "Official Scoring". If the players refuse to use it, that's up to them. I find it easier to do as a player and easier as a TD. I don't understand why players refuse to do it.

PDGA Live Scoring is up to the players to do when it's set to "Official Scoring". If the players refuse to use it, that's up to them. I find it easier to do as a player and easier as a TD. I don't understand why players refuse to do it.

If the TD wanted to go above and beyond, couldn't they backfill the hole scores later?

I've played tourneys where it was an option and had no interest in being the one using my phone all round. Some card mates agreed to do it, some didn't. Not everyone likes being shackled to their phone.

"The 42nd Annual Wintertime Open Presented by Paul McBeth (Pro Weekend)"

I had no idea this was "Presented" by McBeth! what does that even mean...?

haha fair, I can't remember watching another tourney presented by a player taking part in it though!

I predict GG for the win

It appears to me that it's Paul's "brand" that is the presenting sponsor. I don't know for a fact, but it's his company that's also called "Paul McBeth."

You know, kinda like Tommy Hilfiger, or Calvin Klein, or Gloria Vanderbilt

Scores aren't posted, perhaps it is a no spoiler thing. You think we have to wait for video release tomorrow? I guess it might get more views that way...