• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WTO 2020

going past it gives you a chance at sticking it

going short gives no chance

Yeah my friend says cant ace if you dont throw it long

However he isnt going at basket height most of the time and I dont see many potential skips in because the zone just doesnt skip that high. I think if he could have a tap in 100% of the time he would rather take it, and not have 5% chance of throwing it in, but always coming back with at least some % chance of not sinking the comebacker

. . .but not a good weekend for the Finnish players . . .at all!

Well... For Seppo and Väinö not so much (-13 and -28 avg round rating vs rating)

But for the other ~1000 rated guys:

Tuomas Hyytiäinen (my clubmate) played almost exactly his rating (1003) on average.

Joona Heinänen played +14 average over his 993 rating. Would have made R2 feature card with a better PDGA number.

I am sure they are feeling pretty good for starting their 3 tourney swing like this, coming out of "winter" in Finland

Great to see Ohn Scoggins back at it! Leader through two rounds, stumbled slightly in the final to lose to Jessica Weese, who played above her rating. Good to see Kona Panis and Hannah McBeth play above their ratings too, Hannah's game has looked really good in the Paul/Brodie videos.

Anyone know if there was coverage of the FPO cards? A small channel called Disc Golf Dame handled it surprisingly well last year, not sure if they were out there again or not.

Disc Dame did it again. I just sent them our drone footy.

I enjoyed hearing Philo's interview on the local CBS feature for the tournament. He is a good spokesman for the sport. I also like his playing form. But his constant negativity and muttering in tournament play makes me not want to watch any featured cards with him on it.

I noticed that too about Philo, seems incredibly negative while on the course.

It's just a weird departure from his off course persona.

Everyone else on the card seemed to be smiling and having a good time and here's Philo moping around with a scowl on his face.

It's just a weird departure from his off course persona.

Everyone else on the card seemed to be smiling and having a good time and here's Philo moping around with a scowl on his face.

That's the norm for Philo when playing. He's very emotional and a perfectionist when it comes to trying to execute his shots. Even good shots can upset him if they're not quite what he wanted. Look at how many times he makes a putt and then stares at the basket in disappointment that the putt hit off center instead of on the pole. Whoever made the Nikko comparison earlier is pretty spot on.

I know the dude is chill off course, and I'd love to see more of that since Philo seems like a great guy. Unfortunately I mostly see Philo either on video coverage or in person while a tournament is going on so seeing a happy Philo is the "weird departure" in my case.