• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] xd molds

Aviar, then the low profile Aviar XD, slap a bead on it and get the small-diameter Roc (now classic Roc) which had San Marino tooling but never, ever, EVER should be called the San Marino Roc.

This is what I meant, yay, I got something right

I have two of the 159g champion gummy xd, they are awsome, they beat in nice and straight. They are actually pretty stable at first then beat in for a nice anny disc. Awsome plastic

The star I have is a little domey and more stable new than a new pro rhyno... similar to a new champioon rhyno.

My wife carries 3 r-pro xds and 1 star.

The japan open is stupid floppy (melts in your hand)
The prototype is floppy
the big d is rather stiff

I've had an XD or two in my bag since the late 80s. I currently have a Discovering The World Aviar XD, 166g. It has no patent number or address on the back, just a La Mirada P.O. box address as part of the stamp. Beat to hell. I can make it do anything I need it to do. It's close to one of the originals. No bead, DX because that's all there was back then.
I also like the beaded XDs in weights from 165 to 175. It's a great approach or short turn over disc.

One of my first putters was an XD. Since then I have picked up a Banger Gt, Soft Focus, Warlock, Magic, Wizard, Voodoo and glow Aviar. Is their any other putters like the XD? I really like the small bead on the XD, it feels the most comfortable in my hand. I just got the Gateway's today and practiced in the backyard for a bit. But I do not like the bead's on the putters. I have been mainly been using various Buzzz molds for everything, so I am probably just not used to the putter beads.

XD was my first putter and still my main putter. all 5 of mine have no bead, 2007-2009.

such an underrated disc. i use mine for just about everything inside 150-200 and can do nearly anything with it inside 100.

Basically there have been mold changes, but a DX XD flies like a DX XD. There is no collectors market for old XD's becasue the new ones fly basically just like the old ones. Grab 'em. Throw 'em. Love 'em.

this is good to know. thanks for the wisdom, three putt.

if only we could say the same for the quality of the DX plastic. new XD's feel plastic-y and cheap. :thmbdown:
(you can usually tell the new ones by the flight numbers on the stamp)

One of my first putters was an XD. Since then I have picked up a Banger Gt, Soft Focus, Warlock, Magic, Wizard, Voodoo and glow Aviar. Is their any other putters like the XD? I really like the small bead on the XD, it feels the most comfortable in my hand. I just got the Gateway's today and practiced in the backyard for a bit. But I do not like the bead's on the putters. I have been mainly been using various Buzzz molds for everything, so I am probably just not used to the putter beads.

If you like the XD, and have tried other things and still liked it, and make the most putts with it, use the XD

If you like the XD, and have tried other things and still liked it, and make the most putts with it, use the XD

Yeah, it just seems like money to me. I know exactly how it's gonna fly and I can get the most comfortable grip. Guess I will have to get a few more since the DX plastic wears so quick.

Damn and now I will be looking for an XD also....sh!t soon ill have one of every mold in every plastic in every brand disc there is.

Sorry Craig...was typing while my boss was in the bathroom...hahaha.

The gummy champs are Japan Open and you can find them on Ebay going for stupid prices. Dave has said they plan on running CFR champ XDs in the future.

Yeah, it just seems like money to me. I know exactly how it's gonna fly and I can get the most comfortable grip. Guess I will have to get a few more since the DX plastic wears so quick.

It doesn't wear that quickly unless your driving with it, but I would get 2, and rotate them (and an extra for practice)

Latest posts