• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] XT Plastic Compared to K3

I am holding a XT Mako and K3 Kaxe right now to compare.

They have a similar feel and flex.
The XT plastic feels a bit more gritty, with the K3 plastic being a bit smoother.
Both are very grippy.
The K3 plastic may have just a bit more flex, but they are close.

If anyone has handled Innova XT plastic and Kastaplast K3, could you tell me how they compare?

XT is more firm and slick in my experience. It will beat in to be a little softer, but I can dig my thumb into K3 a little more than XT. K3 also beats in much cleaner than XT, and seems more durable overall.

Thank you! I had a fortunate change of plans at work today. I had to cover for a coworker who is minutes from the Dynamic Disks store. I'll be able to take lunch and compare plastics. I'm usually an hour away from the discs.

K3 also beats in much cleaner than XT, and seems more durable overall.

My experience as well. I actually really like XT but I refuse to carry it because of the warping issues. One bad tree smack and there can be a bubble that makes it un-throwable. I can't carry a disc with catastrophic tendencies.

K3 also has its own warping issues, but I have not found them catastrophic. I have an ugly as sin K3 Kaxe that flies great.

My experience as well. I actually really like XT but I refuse to carry it because of the warping issues. One bad tree smack and there can be a bubble that makes it un-throwable. I can't carry a disc with catastrophic tendencies.

K3 also has its own warping issues, but I have not found them catastrophic. I have an ugly as sin K3 Kaxe that flies great.

I'll echo the warping comments too. My buddy's XT Bullfrog got torn to bits after a couple of months and wasn't feeling/flying as expected. I've had a K3 Reko in my bag for over 2 years, and although it's taken a few tree hits, it still flies great. Not nearly as understable as I would've expected after all the abuse.

XT can be hit or miss. Durability goes to K3. I wouldn't use XT as a throwing putter or midrange. Can be fine for putting.

Thanks for the input. Trying to find a beadless Aviar/P2 style putter that will be in production for a while AND has excellent plastic. Aviar has meh plastic, but it'll be around. Warden is what I putt with now. The Classic Blend feels great for a while, then it loses it's magic. I might have to rotate more often.

Gateway has good plastics, but there is quite a bit of variation within runs, say the Warlock SS. Buying 5 might get 5 different stiffness, and I can't handle those in person first.

I putted with X-line P2's for a while. They were always my favorite until the soft P-lines came out.

Guess that's all a little irrelevant now with recent news.

Hope you find something that suits your game.

Thanks for the input. Trying to find a beadless Aviar/P2 style putter that will be in production for a while AND has excellent plastic. Aviar has meh plastic, but it'll be around. Warden is what I putt with now. The Classic Blend feels great for a while, then it loses it's magic. I might have to rotate more often.

Gateway has good plastics, but there is quite a bit of variation within runs, say the Warlock SS. Buying 5 might get 5 different stiffness, and I can't handle those in person first.

I Blend Alpaca maybe.

Latest posts