• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Mid Atlantic, Anybody get a round in before the BLIZZARD of 2010?

G Bud

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey Kids! With the total panic and crippling effects of doom from the Major Snow Event targeting the DC/NoVA metro area, I was blessed enough to be able to get in 27 at my home course Giles Run in Lorton. It was a beautiful time. :clap: Course was still pretty snow covered from the previous two snows of the past week. The air was surprisingly still for Giles. Got on the course before 9 and the flurries started as I came off the 8th green. By 16 it was coming down pretty steady. Finished 18 under par around 10:30 and the flakes were getting a bit bigger. Was having such a great time and figured the course might be snowed in for awhile so I went for 9 more. If the tees on the South 9 weren't so snow covered, I probably would have done 36. Love playing while the snow is falling. The Karma is incredible. ;) Looks like I'm stuck with Wii DG for the next couple?

Any other great BLIZZARD 2010 rounds to speak of? What say you? :rolleyes:

I've only been playing in my living room and basement. This sucks...every friggin' weekend!

I am supposed to get over 20" tonight. 2 inches close down DC for the day, what is 20 inches going to do?

Couldn't get out in time, another disc golf weekend ruined. Hey G Bud, how were the teepads in the snow/wet? They look like they could get real slick in wet conditions.

we are getting 16 inches in pa as we speak. Me and my buddies played 36 holes right before it started coming down. This is a damn shame. I thought we were clear for spring. Wow I am going to sculpt a basket out of snow as well. That is classic.

Post some pics when you get done with the snow baskets. That will be cool to see.

We got about 6 inches from this storm, on top of what was leftover from last week's event. We didn't build any snow baskets, but the kids did a snowman in the backyard. I built up a pretty tall pile of snow in the front (maybe 7 feet tall), then built a ramp off of it and the kids had a blast riding the snowboard down it. Most of our property is on a slope so they were riding that board all over.

During last week's event, the wife and I took David (the 4 year old) over to a big hill at the park. I've ridden it before when we had a good snow, but it's been a while. There was no one else there so we had the hill to ourselves.

Good cheap FUN!

I think that I might just go outside and throw a bit around my course right now. I think that there's only about 12" of so currently. It's supposed to keep up, heavily, until tomorrow morning so we might have 24" by the time I get up. I'll let you know.

I did it... why not.

This thread motivated me. I had no chance to get out before the storm so I decided that I wasn't going to let it stop me. I went outside and played for about an hour. It was awesome. I would have stayed out longer if I didn't think that I was going to lose a toe. :doh:

Played about 12 holes, repeating 5 different holes on the front 9 of my home Dixie Lee DGC a couple times. It was a blast. My main disc bag was buried under about 16" of snow in my car so I just used a spare glow Aviar, even though it was white. I put an 8" glow stick on top and a 3' red ribbon on bottom. The only trouble I had finding the disc was when I got distracted taking pictures & forgot exactly where it landed. Otherwise, I had no problems finding the disc. Finding good footing was interesting at times. I had to play from some weird stances and lies. I'll definitely be back out at it tomorrow.

Here are some pics. Plus there are a couple more in my album here http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=618 that show the perspective of how deep the snow is, etc. that I didn't post.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts