• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

star aviar p&a..putting ,approaches, drives to 280 or so
champ roc3 for when thd aviar isnt enough or a little headwind
170 domey pro destroyer...pretty muchveverything you want

This is a fun one to come back to because I just had a chance to put it in practice. On my trip to Texas I ended up down there with only a Buzzz. A truly good player would have just gone with that, but I decided to try to add a putter and a driver so I picked up a Wiz and a DX Thunderbird to keep it cheap. I did miss my Comet and my Zone but honestly I played pretty ok for me. DX Thunderbird is a nice disc to start but I imagine it gets flippy quick.

I just read the amazing thread on building a beginner bag (Ive been playing since September). Out of the two dozen discs that I went out and bought once I caught the fever lol, I guess I'd go with Undertaker in Pro-D plastic, Barham Tour Series Buzzz SS in Z plastic, and Pig putter. For my beginner bag build I'll probably add a Challenger in Pro-D plastic for upshots, and perhaps switch the Undertaker for my Teebird 3, if recommended.

So I'm new to being back at disc golf (and haven't played a round yet this year, so it's been about 10 years since I played).

Millenium Polaris LS
Discraft Buzz
Innova Aviar

All old, and a few of the discs I felt worth keeping when I got rid of most of mine 10 years ago. I imagine if you gave me the choice once I've played a few rounds, the only thing likely to change much is the Polaris out and something like a Leopard 3 or Valkyrie in.

I hereby change my above choices and am now actually going with DX Leopard 3, ESP Buzzz, MVP Electron Anode.

2021: SS Wizard (putting and off the tee), Champ Roc3, G* Leopard3. Crazy thing is, I should probably just use these 3 discs for most of my tournament play. smh...

Driver: Gold Line Stiletto
Mid: C Line MD3
Putter: Prime Deputy

Stiletto can handle heavy hyzers BH or FH. MD3 can get me good straight lines with some power behind it. Deputy works well for shorter turnovers that don't suit the FH.

2013:
Clutch
Truth
FD Jackal

2018:
Funny - Almost 5 years later and the only thing I would change is the putter. Colt or Harp, depending on how windy the day.

2021:

Fresh XT Stud (halfway between Colt and Harp)
Truth
Plasma Insanity or Star TL, depending on wind

Did not realize I've been throwing the Truth for so many years.

Putter: Kastaplast K3 Reko (or a Kastaplast K3 Berg if it's windy)
Mid: L64 Opto-X Fuse
Driver: Kastaplast K1 Lots

Latest posts