• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite speed 9 disc

I love the feel of speed 9s, rim width feels great in my hand.
I vote OLF, especially a seasoned one in Sirius plastic

Insanity and Wrath are my most thrown discs. Both I believe are considered 9 speeds? I throw the heck outta them, especially Insanities.

Threw the Insanity a couple times in today's round with more success than I've had in a while. I think the trick is to manage the power in. It'll go right in a heartbeat if you overwhelm it, but a great shape if you find the right pace.

Threw the Insanity a couple times in today's round with more success than I've had in a while. I think the trick is to manage the power in. It'll go right in a heartbeat if you overwhelm it, but a great shape if you find the right pace.

My noodle arm has a hard time flipping them over. I can get them to wiggle pretty good, but not flip over. I have a brand new plasma that I'm curious to try out and see if that holds.

Raptor is the only 9 speed that I consistently bag and use. I do bag a Heat and Undertaker from time to time, but I very very rarely play a round that doesn't have a Raptor or FB/FB Clone.

In 5 years I'll come back to this thread and say that I have a Sexton Firebird covering all 4 of my speed 9 slots, ranging from Firebird to Roadrunner.

Raptor is the only 9 speed that I consistently bag and use. I do bag a Heat and Undertaker from time to time, but I very very rarely play a round that doesn't have a Raptor or FB/FB Clone.

Raptor's a really good disc. I bag a Firebird, but I could put a Raptor in there and get the exact same results.

My new Gateway Assassins are stamped 9 speed so that is my new favorite 9 speed.

This thread made me realise just how many 9s I do use. Sidewinder, Firebird, Thunderbird, Valk, Undertaker and Ogopogo in winter. One day my 62 year old arm told me to remove everything over a 9 out of my bag. I pick either the Valk or Undertaker depending on the mood that day.

Recently decided to retire my Star Max because I've had the thing for 10+ years and almost lost it a month ago but needed to replace my disc for ripping winds and was gifted a Gateway Blade this Christmas.

I gotta say.. that thing will literally slice through the damn wind if thrown hard enough. It's also a good alternative to a Firebird if anyone is looking for a disc with pretty much the same flight stats.

Recently decided to retire my Star Max

Don't know if you care, but the Innova Pro Shop has tour series Metal Flake Maxs.

Prolly Sphinx for me. Firebird is great for getting outta sticky situations, but because that is why it's in the bag, I actually hate it.

Don't know if you care, but the Innova Pro Shop has tour series Metal Flake Maxs.

Prolly Sphinx for me. Firebird is great for getting outta sticky situations, but because that is why it's in the bag, I actually hate it.

They're actually sold out now :(

Kastaplast Lots and Stal are a great speed 9 combo. I haven't tried the Falk but I know some folks work them as a trio.

Sidewinder
It goes in and out of the bag but always back in