• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your First Disc

2107672941_f25b7b9c86_z.jpg

A buddy who introduced me to the sport...many years ago gave me an Innova Zephyr to keep and play with because I couldn't throw a DX Eagle to save my life back then. Unfortunately, a couple months later my brother threw it out of backyard and into a small creek behind our house. Wish I still had that disc.

DX Valkyrie/DX Banshee/DX Shark/DX Aviar
The Banshee was my first ace, so it's on the wall, on the Aviar I drew Moon Knight in sharpie, my first disc art, so I still have that. The Valk and the shark, not really sure what happened to them...

Stopped at Meijers after playing my first round and purchased two discs.
Orange 11x KC Pro Teebird 173g
Red 11x KC Pro Banshee 169g
(Didn't fully understand the need for a putter yet!)

I still have both. The Banshee is in my son's bag. I've lost it twice (once for about 10 months) and got it back each time. The 10 month incident, I actually found it myself. Other time it was lost in the pond at Holler in the Hills and Howie got it back to me.

My first 2 discs were an XS and a Cyclone 2! I still occasionally throw an XS in the bag just for fun, not a bad flippy disc.

When i first started playing the selection was a lot slimmer than it is now. My. "Starter" set of 3 discs were a dx scorpion, dx stingray and a dx aviar p&a. I still have all three of them!

this, but i consider it a frisbee. so i my first disc was this: discraft phantom plus prototype. don't remember the weight. a friend had a phantom, so when i went to buy one, it was this or an xd, and i didn't like the feel of the xd. ~1985

$(KGrHqN,!qEF!GfkIpusBQNqv+FbT!~~60_35.JPG

Cool, the phantom plus was also my first golf disc. I played some with a Masters freestyle disc for a while before that. I still have my phantom +. Then came along the XL....what a revolution in the game for me, suddenly I was able to grip and rip.

mine was 2 years ago, an orange DX Beast with a green stamp 175g, lost it the very first game i played. My next few discs were a yellow DX Destroyer 174g and a yellow Pro-d Crush 173g. I then found an esp Cyclone which i still have. I remember using the cyclone as my putter.
Then I did some research and bought a discraft starter set with a soft magnet, D Buzzz, and a D XL.

DX Archangel because I thought the stamp was sweet, lost on 15 at Moraine c few years back and a soft magnet for a putter, given to a 13 year old or so kid b/c all they had were drivers.

hey scrooge, christmas isn't for another month. go back in your hole.

The radio is already playing Christmas music and Walmart has had their Christmas stuff out for weeks. It is Christmas in my hole and the links were my gift to you all.

My first disc was a star boss. I bought it from a flea market and also bought a star firebird for my friend. Not the best beginner discs. I gave the boss to a friend some time after I had started playing as I couldn't really find any use for the disc. He lost it in the woods when he was playing with his dog. would be nice to try the disc now..
After the boss I bought a swan and a boatman.

3 disc set of a 175g medium Magic, 167 g ESP Buzzz, and a 169 g Champion Teebird. I still have all but the teebird, which i gave to my friend

3 discs....

Circle Stamp DX Raven 174
Barstamp DX Teebird 174
DX Eagle 175

I got them because a friend who played said I should not throw anything faster until I could get those discs to do what I want. Still haven't been able to follow his advice.

DX Aviar P&A, circa 2006. I had no idea what I should buy so I bought the Aviar because it had a disc golf basket on the front. I still have it, it's in the bag!

Latest posts