• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your longest disc

TexasOutlaw

Double Eagle Member
What is your max D driver?

For me, the pro wraith is still longer than anything else though I still need to learn my surge, tee rex, and orion.

I'll also go with pro wraith, although I have a pro starfire that is almost as long, just not as consistent. Pro wraiths are great when they get beat just a bit and start getting a little flippy. Once you turn them over a little there is no disc out there that can match them. I'm interested to see how the DX wraith performs when beat a bit.

I have a surge, but haven't thrown it yet.

171 DX valk....only gets broken out for distance contests

normal bag flyer

DX wraith and Champ Valk...

169 DX Wraith, just started throwing it and it flies like a dream......I wish I could learn to control my dream, but you wanted longest not most accurate ;)

Peace
Scott

I don't really have one longest disc. My technique is still rather iffy, so I have a few discs that trade off the top position as longest when I actually throw them correctly.

The disc I throw longest most often is my 173g DX Orc, but my 169g X XS and my beat-to-heck 174g DX Valk have the potential to go every bit as far as the Orc.

:?

sleepy

Denver Discer said:
169 DX Wraith, just started throwing it and it flies like a dream......I wish I could learn to control my dream, but you wanted longest not most accurate ;)

Peace
Scott
Stick with it and study the flight path. I used to think the same thing, and my accuracy for my wraith has greatly improved. I know where it is going to land give or take a few feet.

If control is an issue, I throw my avengers instead though.

distance contest I like Pro Orcs and DX Valk, although the x avenger on a distance line I think would fly similar to a pro orc.

Golf D X avenger or Pro wraith (but the wraith is iffy so its out of the bag)

I thought about taking the tee rex out of the game because of insconsistency, but I used to think the same thing of the wraith until I learned how to throw it.

in an open field my 168 Sidewinder is longest, the thing just hauls in a tailwind.

On the course I usually throw a Champion Orc for more controlled distance.

Last year my longest disc was a 168 Pro Orc. 360' on a good rip.
I haven't done any field practice yet this year, but I suspect my 171 Pro Wraith may take this spot. It's starting to get some much needed seasoning.

krusen said:
I haven't done any field practice yet this year, but I suspect my 171 Pro Wraith may take this spot. It's starting to get some much needed seasoning.

In my experience these two discs are miles apart in terms of stability.

In calm conditions I can throw my pro orc with hyzer and it will flip into a roller. I've found I need to release my pro wraith with anyhyzer to get any real D out of it. I would say there are about 3 stages of stability between these two molds. Did you pound your wraith with a sledgehammer?

Unless mine is an anomaly. I threw my friends champ wraith and I found it to be less stable than my pro wraith, go figure?

My longest disc is either my 175g Champion Beast or my 160g(insane) Champion Orc that i foudn in a pond.

roadkill said:
krusen said:

In my experience these two discs are miles apart in terms of stability.

In calm conditions I can throw my pro orc with hyzer and it will flip into a roller. I've found I need to release my pro wraith with anyhyzer to get any real D out of it. I would say there are about 3 stages of stability between these two molds. Did you pound your wraith with a sledgehammer?

Unless mine is an anomaly. I threw my friends champ wraith and I found it to be less stable than my pro wraith, go figure?

Heh, I totally agree with you, and throw the two entirely different. The Orc is def. a hyzer flip disc. I've kept my away from trees for the most part, so it's not real bad, but have been carrying an old mold DX Beast instead for consistency sake.

No sledgehammers on the Wraith, just landing at a 45 degree angle on asphalt a few times and a couple trees stepped out in front of a hard drive...those damn trees must enjoy pain :D . I still have to throw that one with a bit of anhyzer also.

I've heard the same comparison between the ch and pro wraith before, but can't speak first hand.

The Pro Wraith seeems to be my longest disc. I'll get a Tracker or Orion out farther than it sometimes, especally in a tail wind, but if you average out all my throws on any given day the Wraith will come out ahead. However, I haven't really explored distance lines at all so given the right wind and the right throw, I'm guessing I'd be able to throw my beat Orion the fartherst.

When throwed back to back, my pro wraith is longer than solf, teerex, avenger, and surge so far.

I still think that my orion LF has great potential; I just haven't found the right line with it.

Latest posts