• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Max Distance Driver

So what disc do you reach for on a wide open hole with no wind?
How far do you expect to throw?
How are you throwing?

For me it's:
Super beat-in star destroyer
325'-350'
RHBH, slight turnover.

I have a well same disc as in wind but not high wind, a 167 gram Champion Destroyer, for high wind long open shot it is a Champion Destroyer at 170 grams. I am at 275-300 feet? Not sure about the distance now though.

My gstar shryke had the title for a bit but doing field work lately it has come to my attention that my MVP Teleport straight up bombs. On field work runs Usually your, "longest disc" will maybe half the time be out in front. Since sometimes your best rip is with something else with lots of distance potential. With the Teleport it was going farther every time and significantly so. It just moved from the potentially used discs pocket in my bag to my main area.

Since sometimes your best rip is with something else with lots of distance potential.
This cannot be overstated.

Because of a past injury, I simply cannot risk doing the field work I used to do. If I could, I could probably figure out the one longest. Never going to happen now. I have a slew of drivers that all are so close it's now down to a wind/path/finish/feel thing.

Snow Line Ballista is my longest distance bomber.. I consider it a different disc than current stock runs in gold line or opto. Has much more stability to it. I've seen some MPO players throwing the snow line.. It has that tell tale dyemax scandanvia open stamp. I just bought a new one as a backup to the one I bag, but I lost it the first round I used it.. 30 bucks down the drain.

The one I threw was a Gold line with the fancy dyed stamp. Massive bomber. Pretty neutral flight. I could flip it if I really wanted to, but it wasn't hard to keep it straight. I liked it better than the Halo.

My gstar shryke had the title for a bit but doing field work lately it has come to my attention that my MVP Teleport straight up bombs. On field work runs Usually your, "longest disc" will maybe half the time be out in front. Since sometimes your best rip is with something else with lots of distance potential. With the Teleport it was going farther every time and significantly so. It just moved from the potentially used discs pocket in my bag to my main area.

Yeah, those MVP discs really do bomb. I have a Vanish (Axiom) that crushes. It isn't even nearly their longest mold either.

Very rarely do I find a disc that can easily dominate a practice driving session against other comparable drivers.

Ive been using the s line Ddx lately and it bombs for sure.. also very controllable and comfortable in the hand.
Like every one else says its pretty much right between a destroyer and a tern. Definitely try one out when you can!

Moderately beat PFN Pro Wraith, 325ish. RHBH thrown flat it gets a good turn with mild fade.

Haven't messed with my ESP Glo Thrasher in a couple of months. I suspect it will be my longest disc when/if I get it dialed in.

Latest posts