• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] z/esp/flx buzzz

bwiese

Eagle Member
I have an old esp buzzz that is pretty flippy, and a new supercolor buzz. I really like the disc, but the supercolor feels like crap in my hands(got it from a tourney) I like the feel of the flx buzz, but wanted to get a little feedback from any one who has thrown all the buzzzes and which is best. Thanks

I prefer buzzz's in this order:

Z
ESP
FLEX
Pro D

Z takes forever to break in, which I love. ESP, like you said, gets flippy and has its uses, but I like my buzzz's to go straight for a long time... for a long time. FLEX is either too floppy or very similar to ESP and I can't hardly tell difference. Pro D is great until you hit 2 trees.

I'm sure most people will say Z is the best. With that being said, my favorite Buzz was the Glo-Z plastic. I have a regular Z-Buzz that I like a lot as well, I've just had better luck with the Glo-Z. I have both ESP and FLX Buzz also, but don't like them nearly as much as my Z's.

Flat-top Z-Buzz's are $$$

I'm sure most people will say Z is the best. With that being said, my favorite Buzz was the Glo-Z plastic. I have a regular Z-Buzz that I like a lot as well, I've just had better luck with the Glo-Z. I have both ESP and FLX Buzz also, but don't like them nearly as much as my Z's.

Flat-top Z-Buzz's are $$$

I agree with this...The Glo Zs are money. They are super versatile.

I have Z and FLX...like them both...throw them both. FLX when I want a more grippy feel...the Z when I want to feel the power transfer (flx feels a little floppy at times, but seems to fly pretty well when thrown properly)...

FLX and X are my favorite.

are the z/ glow z more stable? Does the flx beat in and become flippy pretty fast? I know this kind of depends on where you play (woods/ open).

Can I just say that at least two of the plastics are for different approaches to the Buzzz. Pro D is my favorite for a disc that I'm going to be breaking into an under stable mid, same with Elite X. I'm not hoping that it holds forever- if anything, I want it to break in faster so that I have something to cover my under stable shots.

Also, I like Z fine, but often I play in a bit colder weather, and can't get a grip on that to save my life. I actually prefer ESP plastic, ESPECIALLY the super colors. Only it takes a while to break them in to get that really great grip on them. Z are probably my lest favorite plastic of the two (ESP/Z) because I just can't seem to get a decent grip on them. As for FLX- I think it's crap outside of the Drone or Challenger.

If you're worried about flipping or having them peter out, maybe try a heavier Buzz. I've been throwing a 177 ESP buzz for a full season now, and honestly it's the same buzz that I had gotten it as- a wind-fighting Buzzz. If your weights are low, you probably will see them start to get a bit of high speed turn earlier on. I'd compare your weights of the two and see what that does for you.

Also, it depends on the top of the flight plate- I've had some Buzzzes that are super domey, and others that are crazy flat. This affects the flight even more so- as far as I know domey are more overstable than flat ones.

I've had 2 ESP FLX Buzzz's and I loved them both. But they may have been a little too flippy considering I lost both of them in a lake. I have never tried Z before so I will probably buy a Z Buzzz soon because I seriuosly need to replace them.

I have an X, Z, and FLX. I pretty much only throw my FLX. Just love the flight and durability of the plastic.

They are all pretty solid. I agree that ESP gets flippy the fastest. Never thrown Pro D personally in a Buzzz. Didn't like the plastic when I first started playing and haven't tried it again yet since I realized I was the problem.

Preference for plastic (and in order):
ESP (stock not supercolors)- for turnovers once beat in, hyzer flips, backhand rollers, straight shots when new
Cryztal Z - Great off the teepad, main midrange driver
Elite Z - Skip shots, forehand rollers, holds stability longer
Elite X - great out of the box, good for beginners (especially the gummy ones, awesome)
Pro D - plan on getting 3 and work on conditioning them
FLX - I am not a fan. I always feel I have to keep tuning them. To me it's like an adjustable, constantly tacoed disc. Makes me angry.

That's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Which was free.

I own an X, Z, ESP & FLX. Of them I prefer the Z but only by a slim margin. When its really cold, I choose the FLX hands down. I think the ESP is a little more grippy when its wet.

Basically I think any Buzzz is a good Buzzz and I wouldn't play without one in my bag.

are the z/ glow z more stable? Does the flx beat in and become flippy pretty fast? I know this kind of depends on where you play (woods/ open).

The Z /Glo Z are generally the most stable. If you throw them less than 300' they will be slightly overstable. Past that and they straighten out.

In my experience and from what I've heard the FLX has an inconsistent break in period and that the flight can change pretty quickly.

I have an old esp buzzz that is pretty flippy, and a new supercolor buzz. I really like the disc, but the supercolor feels like crap in my hands(got it from a tourney) I like the feel of the flx buzz, but wanted to get a little feedback from any one who has thrown all the buzzzes and which is best. Thanks

I prefer the Z, because it holds its flight characteristic longer, and I use a Buzzz alot for tight tunnel shots and it gets some tree loving often.

I picked up a Crystal-Z Buzz recently and it instantly replaced every other Mid I have. This disc has pulled off more amazing shots than any other disc in my bag. The only problem is if I loose it I am screwed since disccraft hasn't even released one yet.

I picked up a Crystal-Z Buzz recently and it instantly replaced every other Mid I have. This disc has pulled off more amazing shots than any other disc in my bag. The only problem is if I loose it I am screwed since disccraft hasn't even released one yet.

They are easy to find. They are always available to tournaments and clubs for hotstamping.

Latest posts