• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought of doing this awhile back, when the Japan Open was going on. It required all discs to be 159.9g or less, and they did weigh every disc.

I could put together a lightweight (150-class) bag. I have these discs:
DX Aviar
DX Leopard
Champ Banshee
I-blend Sphinx
Neutron Wave
Star Archon
Pro Shryke

Another disc like a Valkyrie is the DX Dragon that is always 150 grams, but they do not last that long only like 2 years of use before the mold is too flippy to use, surprised you are not using that disc in the lineup.

Last edited:
Another disc like a Valkyrie is the DX Dragon that is always 150 grams, but they do not last that long only like 2 years of use before the mold is too flippy to use, surprised you are not using that disc in the lineup.

I forgot to mention my 150-class Polecats for my bag.

As to Valkyries and Dragons, I never got a Valk in the 150s, and I've never tried the Dragon...

I forgot to mention my 150-class Polecats for my bag.

As to Valkyries and Dragons, I never got a Valk in the 150s, and I've never tried the Dragon...

Well A DX Dragon flies the way a tad slower speed Valkyrie would if it were at the 150 Gram weight. The disc is the same stability as a Valkyrie in clam wind just not in wind as the molds get pushed around more.

Anyone tried the japan open oni mask banshees? Also what plastic is best for 150 firebirds? Looks like champ are semi hard to find but start and g* not so much

Anyone tried the japan open oni mask banshees? Also what plastic is best for 150 firebirds? Looks like champ are semi hard to find but start and g* not so much
150g Champ FBs used to be very easy to find! I wouldn't be surprised if there are still a ton of them out there, just not necessarily where you were looking.

For Firebirds, I always liked Champ and DX. The DX are fun as they wear in!

150g Champ FBs used to be very easy to find! I wouldn't be surprised if there are still a ton of them out there, just not necessarily where you were looking.

For Firebirds, I always liked Champ and DX. The DX are fun as they wear in!

For 150 class Firebirds try GGGT for the discs at least that is where I have found disc I thought were gone from the market.

Well A DX Dragon flies the way a tad slower speed Valkyrie would if it were at the 150 Gram weight. The disc is the same stability as a Valkyrie in clam wind just not in wind as the molds get pushed around more.

I'll add a Dragon to my order the next time I order DX discs, though hopefully that won't be for a while and the DG gods won't demand sacrifice too often...

I had a 158 champ firebird that I got from Amazon strictly for overhead shots. Until I threw it in the abyss last week. I want to say I bought it less than two months ago.

Do you all have special 150 class bags that you play with?
Yup!

And what is in your bag?
I threw an all 150g bag for 6 years. There was a lot of experimentation, but things settled down towards the end of that period. The final lineup was:
Polecat (DX)
Aviar PandA (3 DX and 1 Star)
Rhyno (2 DX)
Roc (3 DX in various stages, 1 KC, sometimes a Champ)
Leopard (DX for understable, Star for more evenly stable, sometimes a Champ)
Eagle X (DX, Champ, and Star. Love my eagles)
QOLF
Firebird (Champ and DX)
I don't very often throw anything faster than that… but I carried a faster driver for certain courses
Boss (Blizzard and or R-Pro)

It's a very basic bag but covers almost everything you need. There were a few courses that made me break out very specific discs like Cobras, Sidewinders, etc for "that one shot on that one hole."

My regular weight bag still has some 150g putters in it (Polecat and Dart for now) because I find them indispensable in the woods. One tiny flick of the wrist can send them 200'. That's a huge benefit in heavily wooded, heavily elevated courses. Scrambles are much easier.

Last edited:

If you are looking for Champ Firebirds Infinite has about twenty 150 class in stock now.

I also noticed DGC and Marshall Street have a few 150 class Champ Firebirds in stock as well.

Must confess to not reading the whole thread, but the last several pages are all about drivers in 150g. I think you might be shocked at what you can get out of glidey mids in sub 159. Just sayin'. And I'm not just talking distance. Some of those sensitive touchy lines get soooo much easier when you can slow everything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must confess to not reading the whole thread, but the last several pages are all about drivers in 150g. I think you might be shocked at what you can get out of glidey mids in sub 159. Just sayin'. And I'm not just talking distance. Some of those sensitive touchy lines get soooo much easier when you can slow everything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any particular molds you could suggest?

Any particular molds you could suggest?

I would say a DX Shark, Used in the late 2000's first runs of the softer DX to 2014 with a Shark mold at 165 or 166 grams that I could have gone lighter with and not suffered. I went heavier in 2014 to 175 old Pro and a year later a Star simply I wanted a disc that I could putt with in the wind better as the old DX was losing weight so putting into head or side wind the DX Shark was not reliable and I had to use a different disc that did not fight the way I wanted in the wind.

Another I have seen is a 150 gram Gator that flies like a lighter weight Gator, same stability but way better glide. a Junior had a bag that had 150 and 135 gram Pole Cats and a 155 DX and 166 gram DX Glow Gator in the bag. Last I saw her play she had max wight Putt'r but only after they broke in getting concave on the top and her drivers to midrange were 170-172 Grams except a single glow Gator was 166 as that was a true flat top disc so it was lacking in glide.

150 class Neutron Crave. You will thank me later.

I see your Crave and raise.... 155 Inertia! Good distance potential and fairway needs.

I avoided the Crave for a while I thought I had that stable/ straight control fairway covered, and then I tried one... and now I have two. The Inertia I've loved since release it was the first MVP driver I could get in light weight and I get excellent distance and some easy lines anny, straight and hyzer. Makes a nice slightly under/less-stable complement to a Wave.

While we're on it for the non gyro following folks.. 145-155 Fission Photon.. Huge noodle arm distance and a stable finish.

Last edited:
I'm seriously in love with these 150 class discs. Parked a 360' hole from a standstill with probably 50% of my regular power. Also parked a 300' hole with a pure hyzer where I normally have to throw something flat and have it turn then fade. They also flick effortlessly with only wrist. The only issue I had today was throwing into a headwind and a couple shots I overpowered that went long and to the right. Over all though I feel incredibly fresh for having just played 18 holes and I'm not suffering from my usual post disc golf aches and pains.

I'm seriously in love with these 150 class discs. Parked a 360' hole from a standstill with probably 50% of my regular power. Also parked a 300' hole with a pure hyzer where I normally have to throw something flat and have it turn then fade. They also flick effortlessly with only wrist. The only issue I had today was throwing into a headwind and a couple shots I overpowered that went long and to the right. Over all though I feel incredibly fresh for having just played 18 holes and I'm not suffering from my usual post disc golf aches and pains.

Yup :)
preach!

Latest posts