• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Juaquin will be long gone by the time the Championship starts and the course should have 2 full days to drain. I am thinking if there are any trouble areas it will probably be 9,10,11,12 and maybe 13? Now Monday qualifying will be a different story.

This is not looking good for anyone else's chances-- he's got way too much confidence and drive to make this win happen. Expect to see multiple attempts to have his bag 'disappear' throughout the event ;)

This is not looking good for anyone else's chances-- he's got way too much confidence and drive to make this win happen. Expect to see multiple attempts to have his bag 'disappear' throughout the event ;)
He's in Rock Hill with a giant bag for replacements just down the road.

He never has trouble physically replacing discs, but it's more about knowing what his seasoned ones will do, no?
It sounded like he's fine playing with new stock as a normal thing when the bag issue happened at the Memorial.

This weather report states that the rain will not be from the hurricane per se, but instead from the hurricane pushing rain over to the area.

Exactly.

And the following probably isn't Rock Hill, but 1000-year flooding?!?!

"
An extremely strong conveyor belt of moisture will stream into the Carolinas over the next several days, aided by moisture from Hurricane Joaquin as it turns to the north in the Atlantic Ocean. While the higher elevations of South Carolina will experience the most rain, upwards of 18 inches of rainfall will fall on parts of the Carolinas. This could create an historic flooding event that NOAA is calling a 1 in 1000 year event. Residents are urged to take precautions to protect life and property.
"

ugghh here in Upstate SC we havent seen a ray of sunshine in almost two weeks.. local courses having some flooding type issues but at least the rain hasnt been super heavy.. its been constant but light .. flash flood warnings through Monday ..Greenville SC area they are saying could be 10+ inches.. seems a bit doubtful but either way going to be a mess around here for a bit

edit .. ^^ wow havent seen the number 18 thrown around yet

Last edited:
I can't stand the way news is reported these days

"EVERYONE REMAIN CALM. IT'S NO BIG DEAL, JUST AN EPIC FLOOD OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. DON'T PANIC, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ANYWAY SO NO USE GETTING WORKED UP ABOUT!"

"EVERYONE REMAIN CALM. IT'S NO BIG DEAL, JUST AN EPIC FLOOD OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. DON'T PANIC, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ANYWAY SO NO USE GETTING WORKED UP ABOUT!"

They're trying not to stampede the herd and end up with walmart shelves gettin raided in a y2k-like manner ;)

They want to scare people enough so they will come back and watch with great interest, but not enough to be accused of causing panic. News, who knew it could be so bad....

It sounded like he's fine playing with new stock as a normal thing when the bag issue happened at the Memorial.

You can see some shots he threw at Fiesta Lakes didn't turn over quite as much as he expected them to. There was a roller and an airshot that really stood out. He was playing with backups and Jennifer Allen's bag but they weren't worked in quite to where he was used to.

I'll bet his bag never was stolen at The Memorial. AJ Risely found his current bag sitting in the parking lot yesterday. Sounds like Paul has a case of the forgets.

I'll bet his bag never was stolen at The Memorial. AJ Risely found his current bag sitting in the parking lot yesterday. Sounds like Paul has a case of the forgets.

I believe that!

I don't care who you are. How do you walk off the course without your bag? :\

(Unless you're relying on a caddy to take care of it for you, which may have been the case)

If the hurricane makes landfall in SC and NC, it will not jump over I-95 and hit Columbia and Charlotte. The inland media in SC and NC (Columbia and Charlotte) always makes it seem worse than it is east of 95 where people are above sea level instead of focusing on what people on the coast have to go through in terms of preparation, tides, flooded streets and overall damage. 10" is a lot no matter where you are but hurricanes affect the coast more than towns 200 miles inland. From what I have seen the rain is not coming from the storm but a low sitting over the area so hopefully the weather pattern will change and push it.

Exactly.

And the following probably isn't Rock Hill, but 1000-year flooding?!?!

"
An extremely strong conveyor belt of moisture will stream into the Carolinas over the next several days, aided by moisture from Hurricane Joaquin as it turns to the north in the Atlantic Ocean. While the higher elevations of South Carolina will experience the most rain, upwards of 18 inches of rainfall will fall on parts of the Carolinas. This could create an historic flooding event that NOAA is calling a 1 in 1000 year event. Residents are urged to take precautions to protect life and property.
"

I thought the first guy above was the expert. Why would you go bringing some hacks like NOAA into this?

I don't care who you are. How do you walk off the course without your bag? :\

(Unless you're relying on a caddy to take care of it for you, which may have been the case)

He's working so hard to take this tourney down that he's leaving it all (literally all) on the field :D

Cool story and quite the assumption.

We're missing some key information though.

How far away was he from said bag? Was it close to his car perhaps? Was a caddy supposed to be watching it? Etc.

Latest posts