• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Turf conditions could get interesting -- Rock Hill is supposed to be pretty wet from later today through Monday, especially Fri night through Sun morning.

A few years ago the combination of low-cut grass and lots of rain and lots of foot traffic created pretty muddy conditions around the baskets. I don't know that it impacted play all that much, but it adds an element that's not normally present.

I mean ... it prevents any "he said, she said" argument from going on. Clear, concise, that's what they said, and we're done :thmbup:

Great! Now DGCR can't tell you what really (didn't) happened and who kicked so and so's dog and slept with that other guy's mom.

Way to bring facts to the table! :thmbup:

Wow. Weather forecast does look brutal. Bring extra shoes and the best gear you've got to protect your cameras, media guys. Good luck out there!

Innova has had media policies in place there for many years although they are currently more elaborate. I think this dated to a while back when {the most hated rival disc golf company} produced some videos from events which were exclusively focused on the {most hated company's} team players. The powers that be didn't want to see a video of that sort come out of their event so they have sought more control ever since. That's my take, at least. Current policies seem fair to both shooters and the event partners.

Good luck to the players, too. Not that many of them hang here.

Joe

For anyone who has an intimate knowledge of Rock Hill: Will the predicted rain affect any of the holes? Will there be standing water/will be the lake be too high in any places? From my memory holes 5 and 17 shouldn't be affected, but what about 6?

For anyone who has an intimate knowledge of Rock Hill: Will the predicted rain affect any of the holes? Will there be standing water/will be the lake be too high in any places? From my memory holes 5 and 17 shouldn't be affected, but what about 6?
There are enough sandbaggers there in the Performance Flight to help raise 6 if necessary. ;)

I'd guess that 11 and 12 (that play around the Arena) are going to be the soggiest. The surrounding areas drain into the fairway so I'd imagine they will be rough this weekend for AM Dubs.

Possible hurricane/tropical storm?

If the hurricane makes landfall in SC and NC, it will not jump over I-95 and hit Columbia and Charlotte. The inland media in SC and NC (Columbia and Charlotte) always makes it seem worse than it is east of 95 where people are above sea level instead of focusing on what people on the coast have to go through in terms of preparation, tides, flooded streets and overall damage. 10" is a lot no matter where you are but hurricanes affect the coast more than towns 200 miles inland. From what I have seen the rain is not coming from the storm but a low sitting over the area so hopefully the weather pattern will change and push it.

Details on coverage?

Most prestigious DG tournament in the world and no pre round stuff are you kidding me.

No wonder DG continues to be the Rodney Dangerfield of Sports.

"Just can't get no respect"

If the hurricane makes landfall in SC and NC, it will not jump over I-95 and hit Columbia and Charlotte. The inland media in SC and NC (Columbia and Charlotte) always makes it seem worse than it is east of 95 where people are above sea level instead of focusing on what people on the coast have to go through in terms of preparation, tides, flooded streets and overall damage. 10" is a lot no matter where you are but hurricanes affect the coast more than towns 200 miles inland. From what I have seen the rain is not coming from the storm but a low sitting over the area so hopefully the weather pattern will change and push it.

This weather report states that the rain will not be from the hurricane per se, but instead from the hurricane pushing rain over to the area.

Overthrew it earlier today, he was playing right behind me. The wind was brutal though.

Interesting! Maybe his second time through? On social media he posted that he hit the ace first throw out of the truck. Innova followed referencing his ace from the day before. Either way, still a good build up story!

Might have hit it then did some putting practice right after- I was waiting on hole 2 for the group ahead of me and I watched him putt just once from about 25 feet past the basket, nailed it.

Yeah, but you guys are used to it.

Might have hit it then did some putting practice right after- I was waiting on hole 2 for the group ahead of me and I watched him putt just once from about 25 feet past the basket, nailed it.

He's probably practiced that putt (the one he missed to lose the playoff last year) over and over and over.