• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Congrats to Paul McBeth for the USDGC title and 2015 Grand Slam! Simply consistently awesome play.

Totally marketing to put his name on that pie plate overmold of a disc...I mean he NEVER throws or depends on in in tournaments :wall:

It all depended on 17 again.

Paul throws his Nova in just about every recent tournament video of him on YouTube.

Yup. Dials it up for straight approaches, even in the wind.

Maybe he should have FH a destroyer on 17 instead. :|

The dude who always spots 17 says FH is the shot that gives the biggest numbers. The final card showed it too.

Hasn't brinster lost it on 17 as well?

Brinster's finished third in 2006 and 2010, but he was 13 strokes behind Barry in 2006, and 5 strokes behind Will in 2010. Off the top of my head, those are the only times he's been on the final card, other than when he won in 2013.

Paul throws his Nova in just about every recent tournament video of him on YouTube.

I knew when Terry said that he had the Nova out he was going to run straight to the pin!

He put his "stamp" on his 2015 USDGC victory right there! Ricky did help him by carding two 7's in the round though...:doh:. That is another story part of the story :(.

Totally marketing to put his name on that pie plate overmold of a disc...I mean he NEVER throws or depends on in in tournaments :wall:

Gotta disagree with that one. McBeast threw the Nova over water at Maple Hill (I think it was Maple Hill) and that was a stroke-coster if it doesn't make it. He throws that Nova fairly frequently.

IMHO today McBeth planned to throw that Nova on that hole all along, and did so to clinch the win and get that USDGC monkey off his back.

Slowplastic was being sarcastic.

Oh. There was a ton of McBeth hate flying around the live chat during the round, saying similarly ridiculous things.

Also: I can't believe Ricky went OB again when it mattered. I know he's a fast player, and FH dominant, but he needs to slow down and maybe work on backhand approach he can feel comfortable with.

Hardly cruised! Felt really bad for Wysocki after #17, crappy way to end a really good battle.

If you look at the margin of 5, looks like an easy win. Like his "coronation" at worlds this year, where he did cruise through the final 9.

But, yeah, I watched the entire thing. Considering the events at 17, you got to say the word of the day is ironic.

Really great battle, treacherous course. Who gets a deuce or three on 17 at the end of round 4 usually seems to be a key factor. Too bad about the rain, that always kills the experience for me. I'm a fan of Paul, he is the best and he deserves this title finally but I was rooting for the "underdogs" instead of Paul or Will. I wanted to see one of the Nates or Wysocki shoot an amazing round and best the beast. Or maybe Simon, Uli, Jerm, etc. But the whole 5/5 majors in one year is pretty cool.

Slowplastic was being sarcastic.

:thmbup:

I knew he would park it again with that thing, even with the first OB for Ricky I was 99% sure it was done. I've never even thrown one but the Beast is so straight with it.

Anyone know when they're going to post the day 4 Insider Show?

Anyone know when they're going to post the day 4 Insider Show?

I hope they are working on a wrap up show that is worth watching. A show with relevant coverage and DG from the Actual tournament round play.

I fell asleep trying to watch Fridays Insider on Friday night...:eek:

Last edited:
This tournament was a pleasure to watch. They all played their hearts out. I was pulling for Paul all season, but I must say... I was disappointed to see Ricky throw OB twice on 17 to give Paul such a lead. I was hoping for a real showdown. I was also hoping Doss would have been a more of a contender in round 4. Hes such a classy dude and he came out very strong to kick of the USDGC.
Nonetheless, todays final round was hellish. The wind and rain messing with everyones play definitely made things that much more tough. At one point they mentioned only a few people were shooting under par. Thats saying something to the conditions of play. My hat is off to all of them for battle against the course and the elements.

Oh. There was a ton of McBeth hate flying around the live chat during the round, saying similarly ridiculous things.

Really only seemed to be coming from one guy, who kept repeating how "lucky" McBeth is ad nauseum.

Yeah....money leader....5 majors this year....4x Worlds....now USDGC.....yep, all luck.

Lucky for the rest of us, McBeth doesn't ace every hole, keeping some of these events close. The real, simple truth is, McBeth is the best in the world right now, and everyone else is just hoping HE slips up.

Tough one for Ricky. Another brutal end for him.

After his tap in he was pretty much like "fk this s" without even looking at Paul, pretty funny

Latest posts