• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Ledgestone

Give Hannah Mcbeth the chance to do commentary on DGPT, the commetary she has done has been the best FPO commentary so far

Tough to have her do that when she's competing. Yes, she's not playing this weekend, but that was a last minute decision due to injury. Probably too late for them to make adjustments to the broadcast to bring her into it, particularly since the "booth" is 1500+ miles away from the course.

Tough to have her do that when she's competing. Yes, she's not playing this weekend, but that was a last minute decision due to injury. Probably too late for them to make adjustments to the broadcast to bring her into it, particularly since the "booth" is 1500+ miles away from the course.

Sure, but i feel that the booth could be anyware. . But i would like to have it ON the cource

But still i would like to ser them just try a Female commentary team for FPO

Sure, but i feel that the booth could be anyware. . But would like to have it ON the cource

But still i would like to ser them just try a Female commentary team for FPO

Of course the booth can be anywhere. My point is that the booth equipment that the DGPT owns is 1500+ miles away from the tournament. Because they have it set up with the Ulibarris in Arizona, they can't also set one up in Peoria at the tournament.

Anybody know what the course record is more or less? I realize they change it slightly quite often, just trying to get a general idea...

Of course the booth can be anywhere. My point is that the booth equipment that the DGPT owns is 1500+ miles away from the tournament. Because they have it set up with the Ulibarris in Arizona, they can't also set one up in Peoria at the tournament.

I totalt gets that they have set this up ahead of time..but i dont get why the commentary team is not at the cource. . I cant recall any other sport that does live commentary 1500 miles from the action

I totalt gets that they have set this up ahead of time..but i dont get why the commentary team is not at the cource. . I cant recall any other sport that does live commentary 1500 miles from the action

Money. You have to remember that the USA is really big place. Saying 1500 miles doesn't quite give it justice. You can drive halfway across Europe in roughly the same amount of time it takes to drive across texas by itself. FOr a 'business" that is by all accounts struggling to make a profit, it doesn't really make sense to fly/drive commentators out to every event when the booth can really be anywhere.

Last edited:
Paul needs a bird on 18 to tie the hot round from last year...

How's the weather looking for MPO live card? There were a few people saying that the radar didn't look good on the chat for FPO

Last edited:
Money. You have to remember that the USA is really big place. Saying 1500 miles doesn't quite give it justice. You can drive halfway across Europe in roughly the same amount of time it takes to drive across texas by itself. FOr a 'business" that is by all accounts struggling to make a profit, it doesn't really make sense to fly/drive commentators out to every event when the booth can really be anywhere.

But with so many players and people and even equipment on site it has to be cheeper to do commentary on site?

I'd imagine it is cost more than anything. As in it costs much less to ship the mics and monitors and background banners and whatever else to the Dosses or the Ulibarris than it does to bring them to the tournament location.

With the way they do the booth, they need a hardwire internet connection. Few courses have that available on site (Maple Hill, Smuggs, maybe SFO). So if they're going to have the booth set up remotely anyway, it makes no difference if it is a mile away from the course or 2000 miles. Some of the booth stuff they did last year with Terry and Robert McCall involved using public libraries for free space and free internet, which has its limitations. At least with the way they do it now, the booth is set up and ready to go instead of having to scramble to get everything plugged in properly every morning and packed up every night.

And plenty of other sports do commentary well away from the action. It isn't uncommon for international sports to be commentated by people not on site. For example, World Cup broadcasts in the US are often done by American commentators in a booth in New York or Los Angeles even when the matches were being played elsewhere.

Radar seems to show the worst part just passed through, then a wide strip of medium rain for a few more hours over the whole area. Maybe a slight break, then another huge bubble of rain.

Last edited:
Eureka is a crazy course. Currently in 7th place at -3 is 961 rated John Pallister. Not a lot of courses on tour that allows for that. I'm sure he will move down over the weekend, but pretty good considering how many folks have finished their round.

Also, Paul was 100% fairways hits,100% C1X, and 94% C2 in regulation for the day. Not a lot of outside the circle putts (1/7 - 14%). Just have to put them in the fairway and make the birdie looks when you get them. 8 park jobs also helps. He missed one green (outside of circle 2) on the day and that was his only bogey.

Eureka is a crazy course. Currently in 7th place at -3 is 961 rated John Pallister. Not a lot of courses on tour that allows for that. I'm sure he will move down over the weekend, but pretty good considering how many folks have finished their round.

He'll probably move down by the end of the day.

And now that I look, he's already at T29 after taking a 7 on the final hole to finish even.

to bad, it´s geting late here. .thougt i could watch an hour or two before bed :(

They are replaying the FPO round till they start... they were at least 1:25 behind. Somebody said the 1:50 teetime tee'd off at 3:05...

Knock on wood, but is Emerson Keith seriously going to alternate birdies and pars for the entire round??

Paul needs a bird on 18 to tie the hot round from last year...

How's the weather looking for MPO live card? There were a few people saying that the radar didn't look good on the chat for FPO

Think it depends with the weather. The latest "guess" from the computers all the weatherguessers use is calling for 3+ inches of rain over the weekend, starting today. I don't think I have watched hardly any rounds of any tournys this year where the weather was nice. It was either rain or super windy or both for the majority of rounds I have watched since the season started.

Latest posts