• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 DGPT Championship Oct 12-16

Dramatic last hole.... Three guys separated by a single stroke. Lets go!

Another commenter kindly pointed out that they extended the layout and lowered the pars for this version…so yeah, no comparison at all. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind.

My bad, I missed that.

So Kristin just made over $100 000 in just tournaments in 2022. .discgolf has come a long way.
Including her salary from Lat64 and bonuses her 2022 total must have been quite high for a small sport.

Yeah I've been talking about that in the McBeth thread. It's so neat that Kristin beat all the guys to it.

That was awesome, that round absolutely delivered. Gannon keeps Paul away from $100K season earnings. Kinda a shame - woulda been cool to see 3 competitors get to $100K in a single year.

Just sitting down now to watch MPO.
Kudos to event sponsor Barbasol for ponying up to bring us a commercial free Back 9. :clap:

If you had any question about what shaving cream to buy, now you know. ;)

Yeah, I was wondering the same. While Renny was a touch rough and unkempt when I just played it, I think it has more to offer than Nevin. Nevin was probably my favorite Charlotte course, but Renny has more pro potential, IMO. Better for TV as well. I am sure there is more to the story.

It could be that if someone went into the ravine on 18, it would eat up too much air time for them to get down there, play the shot and get back up!;)

I just want to take a moment to say that the action was great and very exciting, but Nate Doss is the most annoying commentator in the business. Absolutely insufferable.

I like Doss okay. Don't really have a favorite.

To each their own.

An exciting finish. This is however my least favorite wooded course.

I agree it was underwhelming on video. But Nevin is one of my favorite wooded courses. Definitely worth a play, and it was my personal favorite among Charlotte's courses.

And BogeyNoMore: I've used Barbasol for years! Cool to see them as a sponsor. Inexpensive and perfectly fine shaving cream.

So Kristin just made over $100 000 in just tournaments in 2022. .discgolf has come a long way.
Including her salary from Lat64 and bonuses her 2022 total must have been quite high for a small sport.
In my area this is smoke and mirrors, though.

We held an event this weekend; 59 players, two of them were women. We can't get women to come out and play at all.

St Louis had an A tier last month with 527 players, I counted 34 women. That's like 6% of the field. St. Louis has a large, established scene and there was one local FPO player in that field, the other 10 had traveled for the $2,000 payout they had for the division.

Kansas City seems to have a better women's scenes, but they had 8 women in a field of 120 for KCWO Pro and 20 women out of 341 players for KCWO Am. When Columbia has the Mid America Open Am weekend, I'm seeing three women in a field of 143. Four States Open had nine women in a field of 233. These are the numbers I'm seeing over and over; women are accounting for less than 10% of the participation.

In our area women's disc golf is still the same as always; we dump a lot of resources into it and spend a lot of time trying to build it up, but nobody plays. Having a woman win $100,000 this year kinda gives women's disc golf this illusion that it's a lot bigger and healthier than what I'm seeing.

We held an event this weekend; 59 players, two of them were women. We can't get women to come out and play at all.

St Louis had an A tier last month with 527 players, I counted 34 women. That's like 6% of the field. St. Louis has a large, established scene and there was one local FPO player in that field, the other 10 had traveled for the $2,000 payout they had for the division.

Kansas City seems to have a better women's scenes, but they had 8 women in a field of 120 for KCWO Pro and 20 women out of 341 players for KCWO Am. When Columbia has the Mid America Open Am weekend, I'm seeing three women in a field of 143. Four States Open had nine women in a field of 233. These are the numbers I'm seeing over and over; women are accounting for less than 10% of the participation.

In our area women's disc golf is still the same as always; we dump a lot of resources into it and spend a lot of time trying to build it up, but nobody plays. Having a woman win $100,000 this year kinda gives women's disc golf this illusion that it's a lot bigger and healthier than what I'm seeing.

As long as there is growth in women casual play, there is still opportunity to see growth in competitive play IMO.

General question—does anyone run any type of "f" only event(s) at the local level?

Man, our club busted it's hump to try to engage the local women. We started a women's only league, then folded it after low participation for 4 weeks (by low, I mean ZERO). We ran a women's tournament which realized 21 participants. With significant investment in tournament costs, we only broke even by adding a BYOP doubles for the guys, about a week or two before the event. We held spots open, until a week before all of our other tournaments, for all divisions of women. We actively polled and begged for women to give us feedback on how to get them engaged. As a club, this was a top priority for us this last season and we failed. I think we are going to rethink our priorities and focus on age protected divisions. The payback is much greater, in terms of engagement, volunteerism, representation, involvement and cash.

As long as there is growth in women casual play, there is still opportunity to see growth in competitive play IMO.

General question—does anyone run any type of "f" only event(s) at the local level?
We tried a "f"-only league last year; the high water mark for attendance was four. It died a natural death after six weeks (only the woman who was organizing it showed up after six weeks) and it resisted a couple of attempts to revive it this summer.

The handful of women who showed up talked about how nice it was to have a space for themselves, but it must not have been enough.

In many ways its strange, MANY young women puts in insane hours in sports that does not really pays at all. . i know at least one girl that plays badminton and practice many times a week and is one of the best. ..but price money, NO

The price money in FPO discgolf ARE high. . .

As many says, we have tryed many things in our club to get a FPO players. . but if 2-3 shows up thats a good week.
The one thing we did get to work was a +60y group. they are now 25 players and 10 of them are ladies

So we got over 10 older ladies but to get the younger ones to play are HARD

And for me, i dont feel like putting +60% of all my time and work to get a few FPO players and have no time or the +150 MPO players in yhe club

Latest posts