• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] A stay fresh Sword?

For me the TPs seem most understable... in that weight you should like it. They seem to hold HSS fairly well at first but don't have LSS fade like the vip for me. When I try to get them to hold a powerful hyzer release they will flip up to flat and take off on a ridiculously straight super long line.

I like my TPs alot for big annhyzers that don't fight unless thrown on a crazy high line, really long fairway drives (a little less power than off the tee), and have recently got some sick rollers with my 171 gram red TP with a rainbow roll type line.

It might be mostly about PLH rather than plastic cuz I have heard tales of some pretty beefy TPs as well. Some may start off more overstable than a typical VIP from what I have heard.

I'm going to open this discussion back up with a new bent.

Instead of a "stay fresh" Sword, how about an OS version close to the same speed, that loves to skip. I'm finding a lot of holes lately where it would be beneficial to have a driver that takes big skips and unfortunately I don't really have stuff like that b/c I don't throw wide-rimmed discs very often.

Giant seems like a good place to start, no?

It's a great place to start. My giants had a slightly wider but still comfy rim. They can skip very very far and easily. TP are much more reasonable stability wise than VIP. They vary from pretty damn beefy to moderately os.

Instead of a "stay fresh" Sword, how about an OS version close to the same speed, that loves to skip. I'm finding a lot of holes lately where it would be beneficial to have a driver that takes big skips and unfortunately I don't really have stuff like that b/c I don't throw wide-rimmed discs very often.

I use an XCal for this. I've only thrown a worn in Sword few times, and the Sword was very mellow/neutral in a good way. I don't expect to get the XCal as far as a Destroyer that has some turn to it (so it would be shorter than your sword) but it is fast/straight and then fades with skip if you throw it at the right angle. My Champ XCal is worn in and is less beefy than a Giant that I tried a couple of throws on. Maybe they are both similar when they are fresh. I would try Star XCal or a beefy Destroyer. Neither of those is an "exciting" answer though I know.

I use an XCal for this. I've only thrown a worn in Sword few times, and the Sword was very mellow/neutral in a good way. I don't expect to get the XCal as far as a Destroyer that has some turn to it (so it would be shorter than your sword) but it is fast/straight and then fades with skip if you throw it at the right angle. My Champ XCal is worn in and is less beefy than a Giant that I tried a couple of throws on. Maybe they are both similar when they are fresh. I would try Star XCal or a beefy Destroyer. Neither of those is an "exciting" answer though I know.

I used to enjoy a 1st run star stamped *XCal way back in the day, good call. :thmbup:

g* destroyer----->$ i know, i know, innova. But g* has some serious glide. In all honesty though, if it has to be trilogy, I think you should get a bio enforcer and beat it in. They tune incredibly!

Been through this-going through this-continuing to fail. My slot is the one between a seasoned ESP Force and a Champ Tern. I buy a lot of discs, and this slot has been next to impossible. TP Swords just don't last. VIPs do a better job, but eventually start getting lost right into the wind. The bio and fusion Trespasses I've had so far broke in too quickly as well.

I just bought a new Trespass with the highest PLH I could find. It passed the test into the wind yesterday. I am going to do my best to see that it never hits a tree.

I also bought a Boatman because my GL Flow started turning as well. While it has the stability I am looking for, it just isn't as long as the 12s that have been mentioned in this thread. Reminds me more of an Orc than those. Flew great, but ended up short of the circle in the hole in question that I usually reach with other distance drivers.

Have you tried a Riot?

I also bought a Boatman because my GL Flow started turning as well. While it has the stability I am looking for, it just isn't as long as the 12s that have been mentioned in this thread. Reminds me more of an Orc than those. Flew great, but ended up short of the circle in the hole in question that I usually reach with other distance drivers.

The Boatman is a great disc, but it doesn't get huge distance. I would love a speed 12 Boatman. Most of the speed 12 and higher (Giant) OS discs are too much for me. I have been having some success with an Enforcer. It's super beefy but I can get a little more distance if thrown on a big flex line.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest a blue Icon Outlaw. I bagged Swords and a Giant prior, but have since switched to 2 Outlaws and a TP Sword. Pink Icon Outlaw (flies like a longer Giant), blue Icon Outlaw (some turn and good fade at 400'), and a blurple TP Sword for tailwinds and turnovers. At 350' the blue Outlaw should not have any turn, but maybe a 3 on the fade.

Another note: I have a red VIP Air Sword that is more OS than any other Sword I've thrown.

Villain may be what you're looking for. I'll lend you my fr opto and a vip giant if you want. I'll pm you my new cell#.

I think you would like the Giant. One of the best discs to come out lately. I'm not sure if it's just the glide but they really go far with little effort for how overstable they are. Most discs of that stability range I have to really crank on but the Giant easily goes on its intended line for a long ways. Nice skips too