• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ale Disc Golf Center Sweden

Jolt

* Ace Member *
2y ago when Ale Discgolf center shut down we all thought it was for good, but today we got the good news that a trio of players, one from my club has bought the Center and will put it back on the map as one of the best courses in the World.

I took the text below from Vincent Schafflers Facebook. . .more to come :)

"When I fall, I fall pretty hard. 👻
2 years ago I showed up to Varbergs Discgolf with my beach frisbee 🥏 to try this "frisbee golf" thing. There I met my buddy Christian with his little bag filled with frisbees. Ha ha ha (I thought). The joke is on me now because I have about 200 😜. I had a GAS from the first time I threw a real disc.
2 days ago I signed a contract for the purchase of Ale Disc Golf Center. 90 hectares of land just 15 minutes outside of Göteborg. The course was ranked Nr 7 in the world when it closed down almost 2 years ago.
Since then, nature started to reclaim it BUT… it's time to get it back to its former glory. 🍁
Together with Erik Mellgren and Simon Terbrant Säfström, our ambition is to make Ale great again (sounds better then when Trump says it).
I would like to thank the amazing community of disc golfers out there. Your energy is the fuel that is going to help us succeed with this.
Welcome to Ale 🥏⛳️"

Excellent news, this one was on the bucket list for sure.

What an amazing opportunity... to have the chance to reincarnate one of the worlds top rated disc golf courses after 2 years of hibernation...

The project is being done in conjunction with 2 heavy weights in the Swedish disc golf scene Erik Mellgren (DG Events) and Simon Säfström (Discgolf Podden). Looking forward to trying to get a major here with the next 2 years...

A few videos from "the open" in 2018 . . i so hope to see the pros at Ale again :)

White course:
F9

B9

Yellow course:
F9

B9

Latest posts