• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All Things Dynamic Discs!

Anyone throwing the FLX Cryztal Drone? I'm torn between picking up one of those, or just the regular Z Drone. Wanted to hear how they compare in flight/durability/stability/grip. Thanks!

I have both. I've only thrown the FLX a few times. In looks, the Z is domier while the FLX is much flatter (similar to the comparison of dome between a Pro D and FLX drone). I've thrown the FLX only a few times, but the Z has been my workhorse for the past few months. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in flight between the two. My personal preference is the Z as the Cryztal FLX just flexes a bit too much in my grip for my liking (also, the White DD Z Drones with Teal Writing are GORGEOUS).

I have both. I've only thrown the FLX a few times. In looks, the Z is domier while the FLX is much flatter (similar to the comparison of dome between a Pro D and FLX drone). I've thrown the FLX only a few times, but the Z has been my workhorse for the past few months. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in flight between the two. My personal preference is the Z as the Cryztal FLX just flexes a bit too much in my grip for my liking (also, the White DD Z Drones with Teal Writing are GORGEOUS).

I've had similar experience the Z drone is an amazing disc for me, as it gets beat up it just goes straighter and farther with the same overstable finish, My seasoned Z drone has pretty much replaced my Z wasp

I have a Z drone and just started throwing a flx cryztal - I have to say I like the flx better...at the moment. I think the flx won't get beat as much as the Z and will be more consistent over time. I also enjoy the flx for planning skips, a high hyzer release and that thing sticks, a flat release and it skips nicely.

About Dynamic Discs!?

First of all I have been dealing with Jeremy Ruscoe for 5+ years. The man has gone far out of his way to get me items I have called him looking for and at a fair price. If you want something send an email and I'll bet they will try to find what you want

This malarkey people are giving DD for the handling of cryztal FLX's discs is a bunch of crap. He is the sole vendor of these discs, knowing this he could prolly sell them for more(I suspect Discraft had a hand in what their allowed to sell them at). But tell me this how much do you think they would go for if he just released 10 at a time on ebay? Are any of you out there taking the risk that he is? Speaking of risks these guys had a trailer full of their stuff get jacked from them before Worlds last year. I'll bet their are other discs that he bought just sitting in his 15 x 15 room and nobody wants them(can you say grooves?). Bought and paid for with his money just sitting there collecting dust. The manufacturer sends him discs in weights and colors that he doesn't even want or can't sell. I have gotten orders from "other" companies and requested to have no yellow discs last time I got one third of my order of 50 in yellow. I can't see that color when I throw it. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Ask people how their interaction went with HERODISC on friday went? Talk about cluster****.

I also am totally over this ordeal, talked to Katie about my order, and they are doing what they can with the resources they have, the online quantity display isn't ideal but if you want something and they have it they will sell it to you, you just have to ask.

All I can tell you is that there are far fewer of them then 3000.
Thank You.

The store is really a revolving door of people. DD runs over 20 events a year. Our biggest and showcase event of the year was last weekend. The front tables had 350+ people touching discs, buying discs, moving discs, etc. I didn't know about this.

An email to sales@dynamicdiscs could have solved this problem.
Here's where it fell apart.
Once you are in the DD store site, or, if you followed a link to there, for example, you are at dynamicdiscs.net. "Home" takes you to dynamicdiscs.net. There's no contact info anywhere to be had on that domain. I know, because the night I bought the clear Drones, I looked. So here's me, with no way of knowing that I'm not at actually at DD's full website, because, like I said, I obviously was not familiar with Dynamic Discs and what all they do. There is not a single link to dynamicdiscs.com on dynamicdiscs.net. So at the time, all I knew was that the only place I could navigate around, was an online store, that had NO way for me to contact anyone! Nothing on there about tournies, or giant RVs full of discs that would indeed make inventory a nightmare (I'll bet there's an app for that!!:thmbup: ).

So, I can understand the troubles and where you're comin' from, and also why none of ya'll were around for the past week.

But yes, I followed the link at the very top of the CFlx buzzz thread, and had been typing dynamicdiscs.net for the duration after! :doh:
So I will apologize for my ranting and raving earlier in the thread.

Soooo.....Anyone want to commision a sweet dye on a Clear Cryztal FLX Drone or Challenger? :D :thmbup:

As for the different Drones now...I have too many! I don't play anywhere where I throw the Drone enough to work with my old ESP FLX, beat worlds Z, New DD Z, and New CFlx to decide which I like better! I don't know what to do!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Give me a couple of days to get my flx drone, I have the Z drone they are selling and actually hit my first ace with it yesterday.

FLX Cryztal or FLX? I'm sure you know what your'e talking about but wanted to clarify. I LOVE my FLX, only it's broken in past the point of having as much wind-fighting ability. I want a Z for the durability, but I don't think I'd like throwing a mid in Z.

no problems here

I just got back from throwing the new orange crystal flx buzzz 177....super stable and im a happy customer. Upon getting back to the house, I had received an email back from DD, answering all my questions about color/weight for future limited edition discraft purchases. It appears to be a pretty easy system if you have a day to wait before buying. Now I have to wait for my misprint pack to arrive to decide if im grabbing up a limited edition drone as well. Cheers. :thmbup:

If anyone cares, 1000 of each mold in the Cryztal FLX were made. All I did was fill out the form on Discraft's website and sent the question in. *Boop* They're stock guy shot me back an answer pretty quick. *shrug*

Hey, so I was looking into the custom dye orders on the shop...basically I was just wondering if I got this straight. It's $25 no matter what plastic you buy this disc in? That just struck me as odd, that star discs were the same price as champs for example. Not that I'm complaining, $25 for a champ in those amazing dyes is an awesome deal.

That's crazy that they don't know how many discs they have.
I worked for a metal shop that 1000s of different pieces of sheet metal, all different sizes and thicknesses, aluminum, steel, stainless, all logged. All accounted for.
They don't know how many discs are in a 15x15 room?
They should just count um all.

Every disc in the shipping/on-line room is accounted for. Doogie doesn't know the number off the top of his head, but could tell you with a little time.

It is the big room and storage that we couldn't give you an exact amount.

Here's where it fell apart.
Once you are in the DD store site, or, if you followed a link to there, for example, you are at dynamicdiscs.net. "Home" takes you to dynamicdiscs.net. There's no contact info anywhere to be had on that domain. I know, because the night I bought the clear Drones, I looked. So here's me, with no way of knowing that I'm not at actually at DD's full website, because, like I said, I obviously was not familiar with Dynamic Discs and what all they do. There is not a single link to dynamicdiscs.com on dynamicdiscs.net. So at the time, all I knew was that the only place I could navigate around, was an online store, that had NO way for me to contact anyone! Nothing on there about tournies, or giant RVs full of discs that would indeed make inventory a nightmare (I'll bet there's an app for that!!:thmbup: ).

This concern has been passed on to Adam and should be fixed in the near future.

I just got back from throwing the new orange crystal flx buzzz 177....super stable and im a happy customer. Upon getting back to the house, I had received an email back from DD, answering all my questions about color/weight for future limited edition discraft purchases. It appears to be a pretty easy system if you have a day to wait before buying. Now I have to wait for my misprint pack to arrive to decide if im grabbing up a limited edition drone as well. Cheers. :thmbup:

Simple email and a little time.

Enjoy the Buzzz.

Hey, so I was looking into the custom dye orders on the shop...basically I was just wondering if I got this straight. It's $25 no matter what plastic you buy this disc in? That just struck me as odd, that star discs were the same price as champs for example. Not that I'm complaining, $25 for a champ in those amazing dyes is an awesome deal.

I haven't messed with the "pick your dye" page much, so I am not 100% sure.

What I do know is that a 1 color dye in any plastic is the same price at a tourney.

This thought came up when I was telling someone about all the entitlement going down over these discs:

I'd imagine that they want to ensure they have enough for all of the d12 events. I'm sure a large intent of the order was to have some special goodies for their main events.

Jus sayin...

Latest posts