• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] champ sidewinder variations

tried out the gstarrr sw today. thanks stumagoo!

its plh is super close to the old champ sw's. anyone have a side by side pic with gstarrr and a star sw?

would like to see how they compare..

the gstarrr flies great out of the box. def has some turn but doesnt burn at all. stumagoo described it as a lightly seasoned star one and i would say thats correct. its great. little bit too much flashing on it to make it flick comfortable out of the box. its staying in the bag as of right now

any one with gstarrr and star pics? come on

also my gstarrr is denting and scraping pretty easily. its like a grippy pro disc

Just picked up a starlight (158) sidewinder as I wanted something not quite so flippy as my roadrunners. Wow - I am surprised how much more stable these are than my roadrunners. Is this normal? I wasn't expecting nearly this difference.

Just picked up a starlight (158) sidewinder as I wanted something not quite so flippy as my roadrunners. Wow - I am surprised how much more stable these are than my roadrunners. Is this normal? I wasn't expecting nearly this difference.

ive never thrown a starlight. i did have a 150 class one before though in star and it was flippy. the gstarrr is def the flippiest ive thrown out of the box.

I had a gstar sw, saw it on the other side of a fence, came back next day and of course its gone .

Plh is lower than most star Sidewinders
It flies nice, just don't throw it downhill with a right to left wind like me...
Hyzer flipped way right.

I fell in love with a CFR Glow Sidewinder, loaned to me from a buddy. It started off kind of OS for my arm, but after I busted it off of a few trees it's turned into my ideal driver. BH or FH, I can throw it flat, get an inch of turn and a good fade.

Now of course this isn't how Sidewinders are supposed to fly, and since it's Innova, God knows if I'll ever be able to find another one like it. I'm am curious to see what the G* and JL ones fly like though.

I fell in love with a CFR Glow Sidewinder, loaned to me from a buddy. It started off kind of OS for my arm, but after I busted it off of a few trees it's turned into my ideal driver. BH or FH, I can throw it flat, get an inch of turn and a good fade.

Now of course this isn't how Sidewinders are supposed to fly, and since it's Innova, God knows if I'll ever be able to find another one like it. I'm am curious to see what the G* and JL ones fly like though.

recent runs of the champ sw have been really stable (neutral) kind of like the discmania td.

i switched to carrying a star and a gstarrr

the jolly launcher one i finally put in the bag to replace my saint and wow. it is dead straight with no turn at all. decent fade at the end. threw it in a head wind, flipped up a bit but does not fly like a sidewinder should. im using all these odd variations between molds that innova loves to do. now my distance line up looks like star fb, spd, jolly launcher sw, star sw, and gstarrr sw. from most stable to least stable and i have all my distance shots covered. its actually kind of funny. i never thought id bag sw again cuz they vary so much. kinda funny the look i got when people asked me today what i just threw cuz its kinda like a teebird in how straight it is with no turn then just fades away

the jolly launcher one i finally put in the bag to replace my saint and wow. it is dead straight with no turn at all. decent fade at the end. threw it in a head wind, flipped up a bit but does not fly like a sidewinder should. im using all these odd variations between molds that innova loves to do. now my distance line up looks like star fb, spd, jolly launcher sw, star sw, and gstarrr sw. from most stable to least stable and i have all my distance shots covered. its actually kind of funny. i never thought id bag sw again cuz they vary so much. kinda funny the look i got when people asked me today what i just threw cuz its kinda like a teebird in how straight it is with no turn then just fades away

that's kinda what i learned to love about the destroyer. just roll with it. :thmbup:

recent runs of the champ sw have been really stable (neutral) kind of like the discmania td.

i switched to carrying a star and a gstarrr

My starlight SWs are still more stable than I thought - way more so than my starlight RRs ever were.

I picked up an older (2012) CFR CH glow 175 SW this weekend and was wondering how you think they'll fly. The PLH is *slightly* higher than my starlight - and with this being heavier it may be the more stable compliment that would allow me to drop some other discs from my bag.

Now if I could beat one of my starlights into being almost as flippy as my RRs started out as....I could be down to FB & SWs for my 9 speed slot...

My buddy who throws Sidewinders as his max D driver just scored a tourney stamp with 11x glo champ plastic. I didn't know they made these til I saw it yesterday.

My starlight SWs are still more stable than I thought - way more so than my starlight RRs ever were.

I picked up an older (2012) CFR CH glow 175 SW this weekend and was wondering how you think they'll fly. The PLH is *slightly* higher than my starlight - and with this being heavier it may be the more stable compliment that would allow me to drop some other discs from my bag.

Now if I could beat one of my starlights into being almost as flippy as my RRs started out as....I could be down to FB & SWs for my 9 speed slot...

currently for my distance im carrying star firebird for obvious reasons. spd cuz its the same wing as the firebird and straighter, glidier, and i get way more distance out of it and it is not effected by the wind very much.

then i go to a JL champ sw which is dead nuts straight (no turn at all) and fades healthy. fights wind pretty well for what it is. then star sw that is slightly seasoned and it flips a bit with not much fade. then the gstarrr sw is the money anny flippy spot.

so out of the box a sw in each diff plastic covers 3/5 spots for my distance.

ive never thrown a starlight sw actually. i did have a 150 class star sw and it flipped but not as much as i thought it would. i think the glow will be straight with little to no turn, and healthy fade kinda like my JL champ sw. most glow drivers by innova seem to be more beefy for some reason.

also as far as dropping discs, im glad i found the JL champ sw cuz it allowed me to drop my saint from my bag. i hated it at first but now its almost a blessing that the sw is so different in so many plastics. out of the box i know which ones will do which and what spot to fill. like kodachrome said use innova inconsistency to your advantage.

My buddy who throws Sidewinders as his max D driver just scored a tourney stamp with 11x glo champ plastic. I didn't know they made these til I saw it yesterday.

never heard of that. pic?

I have one of those from the grange. I like mine alright but it isn't like my other favorite sw's, so I have not baggeed it much.

LOL that was poorly written. I have one of those 11x sidewinders pictured above. It came from the grange. It is a cool disc but I don't throw it much because it doesn't fly similarly enough to my other champion sidewinders.

Latest posts