• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Climo vs. McBeth vs. (insert next dominant player)

In more athletic sports I believe the new athletes definitely trump the athletes of yesteryear. As far as discgolf it's so hard to compare with new equipment. I don't think the players will be superior to the past players until the popularity is exponentially larger. I don't find the golf analogy to work because although the pay was much lower the popularity was there and the sport had been around for ages.

Until we get more money in the sport and have more full time players KLIMO will be the GOAT unless Mcbeth continues his play at this level for the next decade. Close thread

The dominant player in any sport is the one that trains and plays to a sufficient level so as to stay ahead of his/her competition. Climo did it. McBeth is doing it. The Champ did it for longer than McBeth has done it.

I've only been Pro for 7 years now so 3 out of 7 isn't bad but there is no way to compare stats of someone who has a 7 year pro career vs someone who has a 20+ year pro career. Imo I enjoy reading these discussions but at 24 I feel I'm still yet to reach my prime ����

I've only been Pro for 7 years now so 3 out of 7 isn't bad but there is no way to compare stats of someone who has a 7 year pro career vs someone who has a 20+ year pro career. Imo I enjoy reading these discussions but at 24 I feel I'm still yet to reach my prime ����

I think it's safe to say that Climo and McBeast, both have the same mental game.

Climo was put in the HOF at the age of 26 or 27. If McBeth doesn't make the HOF by the same age the discussion is over, Climo wins!

:rolleyes: :popcorn:

Prince Fielder isn't even as good as his dad was, never mind Babe frickin' Ruth.

Didn't realize McBeth is only 24, was thinking he was around 27 or 28. If he is like most people, his "prime" is coming. Has to be a little scary for other discers.

Nice to see one of the discussed chime in!

In 5 pages no one has mentioned the one thing that hasn't changed since the first basket was introduced - putting.

Forget the disc technology for long range stuff, the blatantly better ability that Paul has over Climo with forehand (champs own paraphrased words somewhere - albeit bemoaning the lack of usage of backhand lines for the same shot)

Who would win on the putting green? I'm not sure that age really makes for a worse putter where it might make the drive a bit shorter, in fact generally the older you get the better a putter you seem to become.

Who would I take with a pressure putt to make from 15',30',45',60'? I would have to go McBeth. Climo killed Stokely because he was the better more consistent pressure putter and is still superb however McBeth has taken that on another level.

Also Paul - have you seen the Finnish putting game idea - is there any chance you would give it a go on camera, would be interested to see the score you posted!

Wow, thanks for commenting Paul! I agree that the longevity of KC's career is the biggest deciding factor at the moment. I also appreciate that you have all of this in perspective still. I enjoy watching you play because you don't act like you're on top of the world. Please keep that!

Wow, I come out of my own accord and admit my mistake and this is the response? I expected the usual "apples to oranges" and internet banter about how stupid it is to try to compare them, but I didn't expect the "you suck at interwebing." Next time there's a topic that hasn't been broached, I'll make sure to put more time into a discussion thread than I put into my Masters classes. So, nope, no excuses.

I see your 4 posts this year are very contributive to the website.

No mistake was made, you just admitted to being lazy and blank-headed twice, there's a difference. Nobody said "you suck" at anything, those were your words. Also, I wasn't looking for interwebing excuses, I thought you might have some Masters insight on why McBeth has failed to win a USDGC yet. The main reason I put him 5th "all-time" is just that reason. I'm a big fan of Paul and he is the only current player I see that may approach Climo's records. I'd love to see it.

In 5 pages

incredulous.gif

No mistake was made, you just admitted to being lazy and blank-headed twice, there's a difference. Nobody said "you suck" at anything, those were your words. Also, I wasn't looking for interwebing excuses, I thought you might have some Masters insight on why McBeth has failed to win a USDGC yet. The main reason I put him 5th "all-time" is just that reason. I'm a big fan of Paul and he is the only current player I see that may approach Climo's records. I'd love to see it.

Seems like all you want to in this thread is to bash crusadersounds. Chill out we all aren't perfect as you are..

Give paul more time and see if his dominance continues. Than lets have this discussion of best of all time.

Seems like all you want to in this thread is to bash crusadersounds. Chill out we all aren't perfect as you are..

Give paul more time and see if his dominance continues. Than lets have this discussion of best of all time.

So then you agree with me, this discussion is kind of premature? I just like throwing a detour into these bandwagon who's the best threads that constantly pop up. It's a discussion board.

I'd like to reiterate my concern that the pressure from discussions like this will further accelerate the excessive HGH abuse that runs rampant in dg.

Latest posts