• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Plastic looks exactly like the MJ I have:

image_zps4449647d.jpg

Enjoy guys. I don't throw Comets anymore or I would be all over these.

really?! you wouldn't want to try out one of these babies once again?

0372-0-2.jpg

Seriously though, Disc Fiend, why don't you throw comets anymore? what are the reasons? If you don't mine me asking.

I also lost my flippy Comet recently. All I have left are heavy, stable Z Comets... do I try to break one in?? I'm thinking yes; but I do like them flippy.

get an x or esp and break it in. I have been carrying a 174 z comet in my bag for 5 or so years, and it's still not 'flippy'. a lightly worn x comet is still more understable.

I still have a couple Comets laying around I just don't bag them anymore. I use beat in Rocs for that spot in my bag now, I get the same lines that I used to cover with the Comet, and I already carried Rocs anyways. My mid set-up is various Rocs and a Drone for the beef.

Trust me, if I magically lost all of my beat in Rocs before I had a chance to break in another one, a Comet would go right back in my bag. :thmbup:

Recently tossed my comet into a pond, and I'm wondering if I should just replace it or look for something new. To give you an idea, I was throwing a semi-new 170 X comet for point and shoot straight shots, and slight, slow turnovers, and the next disc i'd like to get should be able to do those things.

Buzzz SS will fly like a frozen rope if you are throwing flat.

get an x or esp and break it in. I have been carrying a 174 z comet in my bag for 5 or so years, and it's still not 'flippy'. a lightly worn x comet is still more understable.
When the Z's came back into regular production after the Players Cup a few years back I ended up with two that I was afraid were light at 172 & 173g, but it was all that was left as the heavies sold out fairly quickly. I put the 173g in the bag and put the 172g on the shelf as a backup. The 172g is still on the shelf; the 173g has been in my bag that whole time and it's still $$$.

The only Z Comet that I have that really is flippy is 166g.

I used to use a 178 Z comet for my understable midrange shots and it worked very well but I have been throwing Z meteors for understable mids since they were released because I found that I prefer it overall. My first one is now very worn and flys wonderfully and I bought a fresh one now that I was missing. However I traded for a slightly worn old X saturn comet that sat around for a long time until I decided to throw it around for fun and I have found it excellent for understable midrange shots that I throw with less speed. I could throw a worn clutch for the same shot but the comet flys a little bit further. Now I want an MJ/Big Z one...

Dangit! These are sweet looking. Too bad my X Buzzz overlapped my Z Comet too much. Kept the Buzzz. I still bag an X Comet though!

Just got my 174g Z Comet in the mail today and took it out for some field work. I found it to be effortless / dead straight / hyzer-flip heavenly goodness. These are my first impressions. I was not throwing in an adverse wind conditions. My initial thoughts are that this may replace the Buzzz as my straight flying mid. Looking forward to trying this Comet out on the course this weekend for some real testing.

I would also like to add that the Big Z Comet logo is awful. It looks like an angry meatball shot out of a bowl of spaghetti. I will stick with regular Z because of this.

Latest posts