• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

The new ones really are that much more stable.
They ended up bumping my Buzzzes out for the most part.

I can use them as max weight training discs because they still seem to be understable enough to do almost everything with them, but the older ones I've thrown definitely seem less stable even if they're in mint or close to mint condition.

I played Maple Hill last week and lost one of my beloved broken in KC Pro rocs... along with about 4 other discs in the numerous water carry holes.

It was a great time, and about 1000ft away is Marshalls street disc golf store/pyramids dg course so we went over and perused...

where i found some tasty factory second Comets!

ic9QFcfl.jpg

man these comets fly just like my KC pro rocs only with a little more glide. this trip to maple hill kind of renewed my love of terns and comets. I got the terns to make those long water carry holes and save my money destroyers but didn't realize that i also could lose my beloved seasoned KC pro rocs.

so for this next season i think i'll bag z comets for my seasoned KC pro roc shots. hell i can even sidearm these z comets because they actually seem a little flatter than my rocs.

Hmmmm...wha...what? Oh, present! Here sir!
I got mine off a charity fundraiser, it was handy to have a solid glow midrange. I found the svea really liked to push straight, more straight stall action and less chance to work fine angles. I got more of a single turn vibe as compared to the comet straight/or S, overall I would throw it and just think "thats not a comet". It just didn't do as much but man it glowed nice!!!!

I played Maple Hill last week and lost one of my beloved broken in KC Pro rocs... along with about 4 other discs in the numerous water carry holes.

It was a great time, and about 1000ft away is Marshalls street disc golf store/pyramids dg course so we went over and perused...

where i found some tasty factory second Comets!

ic9QFcfl.jpg

man these comets fly just like my KC pro rocs only with a little more glide. this trip to maple hill kind of renewed my love of terns and comets. I got the terns to make those long water carry holes and save my money destroyers but didn't realize that i also could lose my beloved seasoned KC pro rocs.

so for this next season i think i'll bag z comets for my seasoned KC pro roc shots. hell i can even sidearm these z comets because they actually seem a little flatter than my rocs.
I guess I've never thought of the Comet as a similar slot/disc to a beat in KC but the more I think about it, this makes a lot of sense. I'll probably always keep a thrashed DX Roc in the bag for big turning shots, but the Comet will probably be a workhorse for me.

Quick question.. I was considering buying a 2022 metallic Z but I thought screw it I got a bunch of 21 MJ metallic and i got a few i havent thrown.

Which one is better? Rubber blend or the MJ jawbreaker? Should I just pull out the elite X's to scratch the itch?

Meh screwyall I went with this, left the others in the vault... sweet and simple ESP and another ADAM elite X. Man there's nothing like the old x.

X GON' GIVE IT TO YA!!!!...
2024-04-2721.06.1480198263943124869.jpg

I've been trying to throw comets a lot more. Picked up a really cool ledgestone 2022 Z Swirl with the T-Rex stamp on it that flies laser straight.

I picked up a max weight regular Z one with a New Orleans Saints dye from some kids at a park by my house that flies a little different.