• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I spent the last year seasoning some kc pro rocs. It's been a wonderful experience. But now the temps are getting to the 50°'s and under I put the z comet back in and kc pro rocs into storage.

Man I forgot how awesome comets are.

Weirdly my year with seasoned kc pro rocs made me understand my comets better. Especially with distance lines. Before I'd rely on a more OS fresh kc pro roc if trying for 320ft shots (using torque and muscling it there) but now I just use a seasoned roc and throw/follow through with hyzer smooth and trust the disc to do the work to get there.

Doing the same thing with max weight z comets have yielded even more distance with less effort! I had a couple short armed throws I thought were going to be not enough, but do that comet gliiiiiiiiiiiide and carry.

Does anybody have any info on this disc? I know that it is one of the old Elite X stamps. I have one that I bought a few years ago right before the stamp was changed to the boring one that currently graces the X Comet. I saw this one in what definitely seems to be older Elite Z plastic for a reasonable price and had to pick it up. Any ideas if this was a pretty common stamp in this plastic or when they might have been run? This and the Saturn comet are two of my favorite disc golf stamps of all time.

I don't remember that being a common stamp at all, at least not since 2004. I have several just because I thought they looked different. They act just how you would expect a Z Comet to act.
Mine are yellow, too. I wonder if they were all yellow?

The ones I've run across in the past have always been yellow (I own a yellow one as well) so I always assumed that they all were. Thanks to tbird888 now I know there are other colors out there :thmbup:

They were not. I have a red. Love the stamp. Looks great on that Z plastic.

Now I must hunt down a red Z with the old X stamp :D

Little googling showed me this.

IMG_20120313_073951.jpg

Little googling showed me this.

IMG_20120313_073951.jpg

I actually jumped on ebay to see if there were any red ones listed to go with my yellow, but no luck.

However while I was there I ran across a couple of the Limited Edition ESP Comets listed for $80 each. Are they really that sought after to justify that price? I used to have a huge stack of them but sold most of them off after the newer Z's came out and I found myself reaching for the Z instead of the ESP.

I guess my real question is are the LE ESP's really any different then the current ESP's?

I'm sure this is answered in here somewhere but how do the Cryztal Comets fly and what is their typical profile?

I'm sure this is answered in here somewhere but how do the Cryztal Comets fly and what is their typical profile?

The cryztal comet I had some dome and was an all purpose disc. Neutral up to 300, hyzerflip up to 300, and held gentle annys that landed flat. I just received a TI comet in the mail and cant believe I didn't buy it any sooner. Same profile as my cryztal, however with less dome and obviously more stiff. Comparing my super domey stable glo comet to my TI, the TI was more stable and i felt I could rip it.

When I look for comets i try to find ones with moderate dome, regardless of plastic. I would not recommend flat comets unless you want to throw a paper flate/richard hybrid of a disc

I have a old blue X comet with the old stamp what is the silver glittery stuff in the plastics. It's not really noticeable until you look closely in the right light. Could this be the metal salts used for the weighting agent. It's not like it was done for looks like a metal flake disc. Anyway I am glad I found it in my garage is helping me rebuild my form.

yes, I assume you are right... it is the weighting agent.
I have a blue X Challenger that is exactly how you describe. I don't think I noticed the metallic bits for 2 weeks, that's how small they are.

I have seen it in some of my other ones.
I have an X Storm and an X Talon that have it. Both of them are red.
Now that you mention it, I have 2 red X Comets that have it too. I guess I've seen it more in red than blue but then again, I don't usually buy blue discs.

I forgot about those 2 Comets... I have too many Comets to keep track of :)

I have an old blue X Cyclone and an old blue X XL with the same thing. I never noticed it in any color but blue, but it looks like I buy a lot of blue discs. :|

I have an old blue X Cyclone and an old blue X XL with the same thing. I never noticed it in any color but blue, but it looks like I buy a lot of blue discs. :|

I wouldn't recommend blue disc I have heard that they're attracted to water for whatever reason they just want to go home into to deep blue. Kinda like a steelhead wanting to swim back to it's beginning of it's life cycle and get it on and just lay down and die. Maybe if this is true I need to be looking for a fresh run of blue disc rolling out of streams this late spring.��

I wouldn't recommend blue disc I have heard that they're attracted to water for whatever reason they just want to go home into to deep blue. Kinda like a steelhead wanting to swim back to it's beginning of it's life cycle and get it on and just lay down and die. Maybe if this is true I need to be looking for a fresh run of blue disc rolling out of streams this late spring.��

Everyone knows that blue X Comets glide so well because they're trying to reach the blue heavens above.