• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Is Jawbreaker not in regular production? I'm not seeing JB Roaches online much anymore.

Apparently there is some gigantic "drop" on 8/4/22 on the Ledgestone Store:

https://shopledgestone.com/

I would assume the Athena would be part of that. The email I got said something about it being the biggest ever I guess. Whatevs.

Nope. Just a bunch more stock discs in specialty plastic. Just making it far more difficult to get decent stock plastic for clubs to run leagues and tournaments at the AM level.....or just making it far more expensive to buy the new Cryztal, Flex, Swirly, Sparkle, Z, Signature McBeth Luna for player packs. :wall:

Is Jawbreaker not in regular production? I'm not seeing JB Roaches online much anymore.

Not seeing them in shops either. Recently saw a new Bro-D Roach that's supposedly a JB/putter blend mix.....for $19.99.

Sad...

So the Athena is the next McBeth model, and I haven't seen a post yet about it, unless I'm missing something in my search. McBeth said in the little reveal video that it's going to fill a gap in Discraft's fairway selection, and seeing as they haven't released the flight numbers anywhere (that I've been able to find) I'm assuming it's going to be a 7/8 speed with similar stats to a Teebird. Anyone have any opinions?

So the Athena is the next McBeth model, and I haven't seen a post yet about it, unless I'm missing something in my search. McBeth said in the little reveal video that it's going to fill a gap in Discraft's fairway selection, and seeing as they haven't released the flight numbers anywhere (that I've been able to find) I'm assuming it's going to be a 7/8 speed with similar stats to a Teebird. Anyone have any opinions?

McBeth threw it a couple times on the Jomez World's feature card, Dickerson threw it several times. Jomez didn't put the flight numbers up but it looks fairly neutral for those guys with a little finish.

Nope. Just a bunch more stock discs in specialty plastic. Just making it far more difficult to get decent stock plastic for clubs to run leagues and tournaments at the AM level.....or just making it far more expensive to buy the new Cryztal, Flex, Swirly, Sparkle, Z, Signature McBeth Luna for player packs. :wall:

this is why I'm looking for different manufacturers to support. I always threw a lot of discraft because they weren't a limited edition/boutique/scarce stock stamp company. Now, it seems like that's exactly what they are - moving less plastic at a higher margin than regular old boring plain circle stamp stock discs.

If I'm going to by a boutique/craft brand, I'd rather do it by a company that really puts a lot of thought and effort into their lineup and plastics.

McBeth threw it a couple times on the Jomez World's feature card, Dickerson threw it several times. Jomez didn't put the flight numbers up but it looks fairly neutral for those guys with a little finish.

Yeah, I saw that. It seemed like Dickerson always threw it off the tee when he should have thrown something a little faster. Where Paul threw an Anax, Chris threw the Athena. I would love if it fit in with my Anax, Undertaker, Raptor lineup. I have a Passion in the bag, but if the rim of the Athena feels Teebird-esque I'd rather bag a few of them instead.

Yeah, I saw that. It seemed like Dickerson always threw it off the tee when he should have thrown something a little faster. Where Paul threw an Anax, Chris threw the Athena. I would love if it fit in with my Anax, Undertaker, Raptor lineup. I have a Passion in the bag, but if the rim of the Athena feels Teebird-esque I'd rather bag a few of them instead.

Chris always has preferred slower discs though, right? Seems like I remember him throwing an FX2 or M2 off of most tee shots before this year.

Chris always has preferred slower discs though, right? Seems like I remember him throwing an FX2 or M2 off of most tee shots before this year.

I just watched Brad Schick (Who I've never even heard of) do a review of the ESP Athena vs. Ti Undertaker, and it didn't sell me on the Athena. From his vid it made it look like the Athena is somewhere like an 8 or 9/5/0/2, and with the Undertaker being 9/5/-1/2 what's the point? I'd really like for Discraft to release a Teebird clone in Big Z tbh. Gimme that 7/5/0/1-2 so I can complete my all DC bag.

I just watched Brad Schick (Who I've never even heard of) do a review of the ESP Athena vs. Ti Undertaker, and it didn't sell me on the Athena. From his vid it made it look like the Athena is somewhere like an 8 or 9/5/0/2, and with the Undertaker being 9/5/-1/2 what's the point? I'd really like for Discraft to release a Teebird clone in Big Z tbh. Gimme that 7/5/0/1-2 so I can complete my all DC bag.

thunderbird/FX2 slot would be the target if it's a more stable 'taker. For us mortals, the Undertaker is generally stable enough - for big arms, it's definitely understable. If Paul had been throwing reapers/tsunamis for long periods at different points, he was clearly looking for something in that range

It's faster than a Teebird, but all the Discraft players I known say a beat in Avenger is a good replacement. Have you tried that? The ESP beats in very nicely.

It's faster than a Teebird, but all the Discraft players I known say a beat in Avenger is a good replacement. Have you tried that? The ESP beats in very nicely.

I just grabbed a Big Z Passion to pair with the Glo Passion I already bag, so I'm hopping that will do for the time. I'll look into an Avenger, used to throw an SS, but isn't that a speed 10? I already have Anax's in the bag, which I love. I think I'll end up tossing the Passion's for awhile and see how I feel about them.

the Avenger (not SS) has been out of regular production for a number of years now, I wouldn't recommend trying to get into throwing that mold now. A Vulture or Anax is pretty similar, enough so that being in production I'd suggest going that route.

the Avenger (not SS) has been out of regular production for a number of years now, I wouldn't recommend trying to get into throwing that mold now. A Vulture or Anax is pretty similar, enough so that being in production I'd suggest going that route.

I already bag Anax's. I wanted something slower and more neutral in stability. I used to throw stalkers, but I don't really like how they feel in the hand. The Passion's feel kinda weird as well, but I like how they fly.

I already bag Anax's. I wanted something slower and more neutral in stability. I used to throw stalkers, but I don't really like how they feel in the hand. The Passion's feel kinda weird as well, but I like how they fly.

and the undertaker isn't the disc you're looking for? it's slower and more neutral than an Anax for sure. if you're looking for less high speed stable, try a pipeline (still Discraft family at least)

Just watched an Athena test flight review video by Kelly Zmijewski who stated the flight numbers are 7 | 5 | 0 | 2 but that it felt a tad faster. I assume that those are the actual numbers because of him being on the "Discraft Underground" team. Now I'm really interested as I'll take the Passions out and go Athena/Undertaker/Anax which I think is a good fairway lineup if the Athena is as workable as my Teebirds are.