• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Anybody know what the Bro-D Roach plastic blend is currently? Supposedly the same as McBeth's Luna plastic.

Any gold flakes in it to justify the $20+ price tag?

i found a bro d putter in the weeds a couple of months ago

terrible feel and thought whoever lost it didnt miss it much

are they worth a premium

Anyone had a base plastic Fierce crack during winter play? I just got one of the soft ones from Paige's website, and it's STUPID soft. Way softer than I enjoy in warm weather. I figure it'll make a great winter putter, since I've been worried about the base plastic Fierces - but I've only started throwing them this summer, so I don't know how justified my fear is. I just have images in my head of a buddy tapping snow out of an old Chains Aviar on a tree, and having it split completely in half... ��

Anyone had a base plastic Fierce crack during winter play? I just got one of the soft ones from Paige's website, and it's STUPID soft. Way softer than I enjoy in warm weather. I figure it'll make a great winter putter, since I've been worried about the base plastic Fierces - but I've only started throwing them this summer, so I don't know how justified my fear is. I just have images in my head of a buddy tapping snow out of an old Chains Aviar on a tree, and having it split completely in half... ��

Only discraft discs I have cracked were a first run esp predator that turned chalky and an old elite x plastic comet. Both cracked in 90 degree weather. I have never cracked a modern one in cold weather. My Fierces are very squishy I railed a first available tree recently on a 50f morning and put a big ripple in the disc. I suppose any disc cold enough could crack but if it's newer plastic I doubt it would. If I crack one this winter I'll make a post.

Both my putting Fierces are stiff like Pro-D plastic. The only squishy one I have is the soft one from Paige's site, which has a stiff rim, but the flight plate feels like FLX...

I think I bought mine from sun king and all 3 are really squishy. That's interesting there's stiff ones I assumed they were all squishy in the base plastic. Are your stiff ones swirly mix color plastic or all one color?

I think I bought mine from sun king and all 3 are really squishy. That's interesting there's stiff ones I assumed they were all squishy in the base plastic. Are your stiff ones swirly mix color plastic or all one color?

The stiff ones are swirly, the soft one is one color

Pro-D: is this still a thing? I loved the Buzzz in this plastic, mainly for the grip, which is ironic given the slippery nature of much Discraft plastic. Had a Pro-D Force I loved as well.

I know it beat in very quickly, but sometimes that is useful, as with me throwing a Force.

Just wonderin'. Would love manufacturers to remember us recreational players.

Has anyone else noticed how horrendous the Athena has been for McBeth?

I mean between Worlds two rounds of GMC, I've yet to see a good shot from him with Athena and pretty much every single shot has been just way short. I'm curious if he keeps throwing just to promote it or if he is just still getting used to the mold.

To me it looks like a brand new Teebird with less glide, while McBeth seems to be throwing it thinking it's a Thunderbird or something.

Has anyone else noticed how horrendous the Athena has been for McBeth?

I mean between Worlds two rounds of GMC, I've yet to see a good shot from him with Athena and pretty much every single shot has been just way short. I'm curious if he keeps throwing just to promote it or if he is just still getting used to the mold.

To me it looks like a brand new Teebird with less glide, while McBeth seems to be throwing it thinking it's a Thunderbird or something.

another failed teebird clone? Lol

Does anyone know if the Heat is more or less overstable/flippy with a super domey top, compared to a flatter top? I've got one that's a pretty flat top, and I won't have a chance to do field work with it before a tournament on Saturday. It'd be nice to know what to expect, compared to my domey one...

Does anyone know if the Heat is more or less overstable/flippy with a super domey top, compared to a flatter top? I've got one that's a pretty flat top, and I won't have a chance to do field work with it before a tournament on Saturday. It'd be nice to know what to expect, compared to my domey one...

I have some relatively flat ESP Heats and I have a stupid domey Z. The Z might have the domiest dome I have ever seen on a disc. They fly pretty much the same. The one with the crazy dome seems to carry a little farther but stability wise I don't see a noticeable difference. Your results may vary.

Has anyone thrown the ledgestone Avengers? I saw some in my local shop and was tempted to buy, I used to throw the elite X back in the day and lived those. I'm guessing the metallic z is probably quite overstable

Has anyone thrown the ledgestone Avengers? I saw some in my local shop and was tempted to buy, I used to throw the elite X back in the day and lived those. I'm guessing the metallic z is probably quite overstable

Not the Ledgestones but there was a point where I was throwing Z and ESP Avengers, definitely more overstable than the X. If you're willing to adjust/wait for them to break in they're great flyers (assuming the Ledgestone ones didn't turn out like absolute turds).

My first ace was with a yellow ESP!

Does anyone tend to have any interest in the red 2005 players cup Z Trackers? I know they've re-run them recently, but are the originals desirable at all? I've got one that I grabbed from an old storage box, and I figured I'd see if it had any value these days. It's inked, but it's hardly been thrown. Be a shame to just add it to the pile of stuff to go to PIAS...

I've also got about 50 MRVs in various plastics and stages of wear, but those were hardly popular even in their day...

The struggle is real! At this point I'm going to assume Discraft has no interest in running the Roach in JB, outside of tour or limited series. Still have a few in good shape along with some RB but the future looks bleak. Can get a Van Dyken for $25+ or used JB on ebay for $20+.

Maybe MVP will run Ohms in electron, but electron sux worse than Pro-D and putter line. 👎

The struggle is real! At this point I'm going to assume Discraft has no interest in running the Roach in JB, outside of tour or limited series. Still have a few in good shape along with some RB but the future looks bleak. Can get a Van Dyken for $25+ or used JB on ebay for $20+.

Maybe MVP will run Ohms in electron, but electron sux worse than Pro-D and putter line. [emoji107]

Just hit me up if you need jawbreaker Roaches. I have a stack of them. They were practice putters so they probably have a little practice basket wear.

Maybe MVP will run Ohms in electron, but electron sux worse than Pro-D and putter line. 👎

Not sure currently but the Discraft site recently had max weight JB roaches! I did not bite so can't comment on the plastic but they were listed under the plain old JB roach as in stock.

On the normal jawbreaker note, I saw some sick looking and feeling jawbreaker zones and challengers at the store, super cool colors. Hopefully they continue to run this plastic!

Latest posts