• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

New speed 9 coming out... Thunderbirdish, Orion LF'y, or more like an FD3? What do you think the flight numbers are?

47496555_10105779715440945_3756244720519479296_n.jpg

47572997_10105779715565695_7846012974631223296_n.jpg

47689246_10105779715725375_4953353806445281280_n.jpg

Love speed 9's. Looks cool. Still waiting on my KC Pro Roach. :|

Definitely looks like one, to me. Though the Vulture and the Thunderbird are very similar already, with the Vulture's bottom rim being a touch sharper in the hand.

Vulture is noticeably less overstable than a Thunderbird in my limited experience. With McBeth's armspeed, I'm sure that could be a potential issue...

Also, McBeth mentioned the Vulture being larger diameter enough in that Jomez video that it made me think he wasn't a fan of that.

Vulture is noticeably less overstable than a Thunderbird in my limited experience. With McBeth's armspeed, I'm sure that could be a potential issue...

Also, McBeth mentioned the Vulture being larger diameter enough in that Jomez video that it made me think he wasn't a fan of that.

Yeah, he didn't seem to like the feel of the Vulture at all. Surprised that he was liking the Predator. Thought he would've been like 'wtf?'.

Seemed 'indifferent' to the Zombee too. I like the Zombee a lot but I don't have his BH.

I have a Champ and a Color Glow and they fly like Big Z Vultures, but that's the only plastics I've tried.

I didn't take the calipers to them, but they look to be the same rim width. PDGA actually has the Thunderbird as being .1 cm wider. I know what Paul means though, because while the Vulture is only listed as .1 cm deeper, it feels much larger in the hand then the Thunderbird.

I have a Champ and a Color Glow and they fly like Big Z Vultures, but that's the only plastics I've tried.

I didn't take the calipers to them, but they look to be the same rim width. PDGA actually has the Thunderbird as being .1 cm wider. I know what Paul means though, because while the Vulture is only listed as .1 cm deeper, it feels much larger in the hand then the Thunderbird.

I've only thrown Star Thunderbirds, but they take a forehand a LOT easier than the Z and Big Z Vultures I've thrown. Much less sensitive to turn with a little OAT than the Vulture.

While the rim is in fact slightly wider on a Vulture than a Thunderbird(which might be the big reason the Thunderbird is more HSS for me), I meant that the Vulture is actually slightly larger in overall diameter than a Thunderbird. Or Undertaker. The two Sparkle FLX Predators I have are also slightly larger diameter than most other drivers.

I've only thrown Star Thunderbirds, but they take a forehand a LOT easier than the Z and Big Z Vultures I've thrown. Much less sensitive to turn with a little OAT than the Vulture...

That might be it, then. Star Thunderbirds (from what I've read on here and reddit) were much more OS than other plastics.

Another speed 9 driver? Between the pred, vulture, and undertaker that can basically cover all your shots? Unless they are trying to make a OS pred/firebird replacement that is more modern and comfy in the hand?

I really hope they don't take the Predator out of production. The flight is unique and great. I think it feels really good BH (better than similar options in its class) but took me forever to like it FH.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Got a pink and a purple f'n Roach in the mail today. Prolly gonna hafta wait until the weekend to throw one.

Attachments

• IMG_20181211_172711.jpg
    IMG_20181211_172711.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 49
I can't see McBeth FH the pred. He has complained about other discs for comfort reasons in the past.

Also I doubt if they make him a FB clone it will be less stable than a FB. He didn't keep the FD3 in the bag because it wasn't as beefy as the FB.